Experts only serious problem

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4114
alright i hooked up the sub and the sub is doing the same exact thing as the front right speaker.

I dont get this I checked all the voltages of the wires to the sub and the amp is seeing 14.2 volts. I checked the wire going from theamp to the sub its seeing wat it should seeing how i turned the gain all the way down so it wouldnt make any noise which was 1 volt but if i turned it up the voltage went up also. Then i checked all the rca's to the hu and in the back they were all correct. and the wiring to the sub and the speakers are correct. I even took off all connections for the speaker amp so it was just the sub acting alone and it was still doing it i dont get it. Is there something I need to do with the hu that I don't know about its a pioneer premier deh-780mp

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19204
ok doing what charlie. i must of missed something.

sorry i ain't an expert but i am your friend so ima try to help you as much as possible. if thats okay with you.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5615
he has two amps
one for his front speakers
one for his subwoofer
both have rcas coming from the back of the HU

but when he turns off the HU he is getting a test tone sound no signal from the song...
so its just a burp....

but his rear speakeres which arent amped but are connected to the HU work fine...so its either his RCAs or his RCA preouts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5616
**turns on the HU**

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6661
Take an mp3 player or CD player and a headphone jack to RCA cable and connect it to your speaker amp, if it works your HU is the problem.

Since its a pioneer HU I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 650
some times you have to connect both amp turn on wires for it to work? like even the remot ant wire, what kind of HU is it? my step bro had a clarion and thats what we had to do

Gold Member

Post Number: 5619
"its a pioneer premier deh-780mp"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19208
unfortunately that is a common problem with the pioneer headunits. not the indash, just the head units.

anyways charlie, ground the rca cable to the chasis of your head unit. you can wrap a cable around one of the rca cable and the other end you can ground it to the chasis on the headunit. on the back of your hu, there is a little screw. just undo that and wrap the other end of the cable to that screw and screw it back on.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 493
hey charlie, sorry to be off topic but i see you live in wilmington MA, did u live there when a/d/s/ was around?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4116
ya it was about 2 miles down the street to answer your ? about a/d/s how did u know they where there?

okay chad ill give that a try tomorrow to late tonight to do more ive been messing with it all day also checking everything and switching things on the hu

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3626
Im gonna be in Arlington tommorrow. You want me to look at it..PM me.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 560
Could be a ground loop, do you have a common ground for both amps or two different ground points?

or power wire interfering with the RCA's. Are your RCA's ran down the same side as the power wire?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4712
is it a constant noise or just on turn on/off? like a small burp/thump

Username: Mrdolar100

ORLANDO, FLORIDA ORANGE

Post Number: 1
I HAVE PHILLIP MAGNAVOX TV I TURN ON AND THE TURN OFF AUTOMACLLY WHANT I CAN DO THAKS PEDRO

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4117
its a constant noise. which it is also impossible to turn it down unless I turn the amp's all the way off

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19235
so did you try what i told you to do charlie?

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 561
"Could be a ground loop, do you have a common ground for both amps or two different ground points?

or power wire interfering with the RCA's. Are your RCA's ran down the same side as the power wire?"

???

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 743
i had the same problem its the HU i had to send mine into pioneer to get it fixed the ground on the hu has been messed up or something

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1579
wut HU was it Ben? the 780?"

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 246
Just ground your rca's like chad said i had the same problem.....

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4118
I just did grd the hu and it took all noise away and then i took the grd's off and the noise came back. But i think there's more to it than that because it wasent playing anything at all I could barely feel the sub bumping in the back but i got to give up today its time for work so Im gonna try to work on it 2morrow but i think thats gona be impossible unless I wake up super early so looks like sunday night will be the next time I can work on it

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4120
and eddie yes i have my rca's running next to my power wire but that is a common misconception it doesnt make a diffrence at all. The grds are on the same spot

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 562
If RCA's aren't shielded properly and the power wire right next to it is considerably larger, it can cause noise in your rca's

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4720
^^ Yep .. I always run them on opposite sides even when using good RCAs.. are your RCAs shielded? brand/type?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4122
there shielded 1 set is monster cable the other set is a stinger set but its not from that its def from the rca output

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 606
A few people have fixed this issue by grounding the RCA jacks on the back of the pioneer head unit. Mostly just taking a small wire and conntecting it to the head unit chassis, then wrapping it around the RCA jacks. Very strange solution, but seems to work.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 746
the hu i had was a 5900 ib but now i have the alpine hu and like it alot

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1593
Upload

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4124
alright have that all sorted out.

but I still think my 300/2 is broken not blown but broken because it isnt sending a signal to the x-overs. the inpuit sensitivity switch came off so i have to wait to save up for a new amp. seeing how i dont have the money. I even got a 190 speeding ticket today that i dont have the money to pay. god da#n school zone

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3652
Thata a tough break Charlie. My offer still stands. Also, I can test/repair that amp if you want, Cheap.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4125
alright ill pm you and take you up on the amp cause i def dont want to buy a new one it will prob be next week sometime cause im on spring break next week so ill have more time

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7281
Charlie, did you try grounding the RCA cables yet though? This is why I don't care for Pioneer HUs... :-(

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4127
ya rob i did do that and it worked for the sub it stopped the horn noise from the comp speaker also but theres still something wrong with the comps i think its the amp though

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19359
for now just wire the components to your headunit straight. that way you can enjoy some music until you get your amp replaced.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7320
Are you sure it's not alt whine or interference due to a power wire nearby? Try plugging an ipod or something to that amplifier and see if that cures the problem.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6765
I already said that back at the beginning of the thread....... but of course nobody ever wants to properly diagnose a problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us