Sub opinions

Bronze Member
Username: Rayne225

Peoria, AZ US of A

Post Number: 15
unfortunately im still lookin around for single 10' and 12' subs that pull out some serious SQL of 1000 wrms or more, so i was wonderin what you guys would rate the following:

kicker L7/cvx
fi btl/bl
memphis mojo12d2
boston acoustics spg555
jl 13w7
cerwin vega stroker 102
audioque hdc310
alpine SWX-1043D
audiobahn AWIS10P

i want some subs that has a blend of bass and sound quality, within the 200-400 price range, and somethin that i wont regret purchasing/not having to switch out with something else later, doesnt matter if its a competition sub or not

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1844
RE SE i would say but of your list i would take the W7 hands down... you need to cross audiobahn,cerwin vega and the kicker L7 off your list..

your not going to find a W7 for 400 i seriously doubt it. look into the RE SE very nice SQl sub. i dont really like the type x's tht much heard one in a 350z one time wasnt impressed. my friend type r's sound alot better.

See if you can get your hands ona 12" alpha the single spider one from what i hear u will be shocked

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1845
you can find the RE Se's on ebay and check out www.low-hz.com for the alpha call kevin holden he can give you a sweet deal. tell him jay-z fanatic ssent u haha

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3541
Out of those the HDC312 would probably be your best bet.

Bronze Member

Peoria, AZ US of A

Post Number: 16
adding to the list, an RE XXX

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3391
xbl^2 xxx or split coil xxx? i think the fi bl would be a very good choice. or a 04/05 xxx or the soundsplinter rlp. a rd alpha single spider is also a great sq driver.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3337
Fi BL

Bronze Member
Username: Adambtl21

Alpena, Michigan United states

Post Number: 15
i agree^

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3339
Rayne225

What amp(s) are you using?

Bronze Member

Peoria, AZ US of A

Post Number: 17
depends on the sub i might get, but i havent looked much into them yet. ive heard the kicker, aq, and mmats are good

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2520
consider a Revolution Design Alpha, I love mine and have for months, more and more people are finally agreeing with me....lol

Contact either RD Audio, or as mentioned above, Kevin Holden. Great price for an amazing product IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 605
Much of the sound is based on the install, the worst sub in that list could sound the best. The range of drivers in that list is large, and to just throw out names of drivers is pointless. Try one in a well built box with a decent amp and go from there. You are never going to get anything perfect the first time, so testing and trial and error are always part of audio.

Bronze Member

Peoria, AZ US of A

Post Number: 18
i simply threw out names so i can eliminate the ones other people have had not-so-satisfactory experiences with, and just end up with the few i will feel comfortable with of looking into myself

i simply started out with the memphis and the alpine to look at, and it branched out to a whole list of other subs from the other peoples' suggestions and experiences that i had no idea about except numbers on each brands' website

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 313
i have a 12" Eclipse Titanium that needs a new home :-) will get loud, low, and sound good doing it. im getting the wood soon for a t-line for my 15" TI ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us