Alrighty then

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4103
I got my hu working properly and my car back to normal.

But here's my new problem I hooked up all my amps and x-overs today when doing so I turned the car on after having everything hooked up except the sub. Now when I turn the car on out of my comp speakers I just get a test tone without any music playing or anything I don't get it I turned the volume all the way down on the hu and its still playing very loud also I have no idea what is going on with that. Anyone have any ideas?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4105
oh and its only doing it out of the right front 6.5. not the left one that ones fine

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1566
try regrounding the comp amp.

You should scrape away all painted metal where u ground it.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1567
If its just the one speaker... Take it out and redo the connections. If that doesnt work on both ends (amp connections and speaker).

Check the crossovers, u may have switched something up

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4106
okay ill check the wires on the x over I dont think its the grd I scraped it away and everything

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4108
I think the amp is gone you guys think that could be the problem cause the right one is just going and the left one is just making a soft clicking noise they both are wired correctly I double checked all the wires. or maybe a bad set of rca's I dont know

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8296
switch the rca's around and try it

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4109
I checked them they are all set

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 511
get a v.o.m. and check the continuity of all your wires and cables. and check how much power the amp is putting out to each speaker from the back of the head unit.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4112
alright i hooked up the sub and the sub is doing the same exact thing as the front right speaker.

I dont get this I checked all the voltages of the wires to the sub and the amp is seeing 14.2 volts. I checked the wire going from theamp to the sub its seeing wat it should seeing how i turned the gain all the way down so it wouldnt make any noise which was 1 volt but if i turned it up the voltage went up also. Then i checked all the rca's to the hu and in the back they were all correct. and the wiring to the sub and the speakers are correct. I even took off all connections for the speaker amp so it was just the sub acting alone and it was still doing it i dont get it. Is there something I need to do with the hu that I don't know about its a pioneer premier deh-780mp

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4113
does anyone have an idea?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us