Anyone want to build a ported box for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 57
i know many on here build really good sub boxes....i have 2 alpine 2ohm type r subs. 500 rms each powered by kicker zx1000.1.
specs are:
Size 12 -inch
Impedance 2 ohms
Cone Material Kevlar-reinforced pulp
Surround Material Santoprene rubber
Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.57 - 1
Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.75 - 2
Port diameter (inches) 3
Port length (inches) 9.9
Free-Air No
Dual Voice Coil Yes
Sensitivity 85dB
Frequency Response 23 - 500 Hz
RMS Power Range (Watts) 200-500
Peak Power Handling (Watts) 1500
Top Mount Depth (inches) 7 5/8
Bottom Mount Depth (inches) 8 7/16
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 10 13/16
Vas (liters) 45
Fs (Hz) 28
Qts 0.42
Xmax (millimeters) 18.1

not sure how much people are asking but i was told to get a customized box from here. lookin for sql if that helps. going into a 2000 ford mustang. if any more info is needed jsut ask. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3359
I would talk to BJ Fisher. He builds great enclosures at great prices.

http://fishercustoms.com/

Heres his pricing...

http://fishercustoms.com/products.html

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1005
www.woodlawncabinetry.com also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
what specs should i be looking for as to what i should be asking them to build? i dont really know much about this so can actual plans be given or designed?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3360
First you need to measure the area you are working with and get your max dimensions. Then you go from there.

It says in your specs what is recommended for your subs.

Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.57 - 1
Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.75 - 2

That is per sub.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 559
Oh SH!T----- Mustangs are the hardest d@mn cars to design and build sub boxes for because of the trunk openings.

I'll ask the question right now to get it out of the way - for your Stang, do you have the ability to install the enclosure from inside the car by removing the back seat via the opening between the trunk and back seat area?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
yeah the damn thing is tiny....i can fold the seats down, but i dotn think its even as big as the trunk opening. i will get measurements and get back to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
oh are you saying remove the seats completely? or remove the seats, install the subs and then put the seats back?

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
No, what I am saying is when the rear seat, the back part of the seat is removed, hopefully, there's an opening there and whatever the height and width of the opening is, the box can fit thru it and then put the seat back.

Also, the size of the enclosure vs the space of the trunk area the box is to fit is going to dictate what you can/can't do in terms of the type of enclosure given the volume requirements.

Just take measurements of everything and make a rough drawing noting what is what dimension wise.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1125
"Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.57 - 1
Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.75 - 2"

Are those the correct specs for these? I was thinking more around roughly 1cf sealed and 2cf ported (give or take).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3365
Thats what it says on crutchfield. Couldn't find enclosure specs on alpines site.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 515
thats what it says.. it says you can go from .57cuft to 1 cubic foot. or ported .75cuft to 2cuft..

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2159
Gonna quote Pete here:

"Manufacturer recommended box specs are about as vehicle-specific as air freshener"
...random guesses are just as accurate. I doubt anyone here has some sort of super intuition that tells them where to tune a port and how much volume the enclosure should contain given the vehicle. So stop acting like you do. That isn't directed at anyone specifically but too many people keep making recommendations of semi-random values.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 584
lol mustangs suck my brother has one and we took like an hour trying to get his box in we had to keep kicking it in till it finally went in.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1266
Ask
Logan
Mark Potts or
John Wheeler there the bestt at what they do....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fish and woodlawn is the best that i know of for a good price

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
Cam,

What you quoted in the post is the same sh!t I try to keep telling anyone and everyone when they ask about SQ this, spl that, hows it going to sound and the whole d@mn riot act.

Design the enclosure, build to the spec's of that design, throw it in the vehicle and fire it up and tweak the he!! out of the system settings and then that's when ya know how good it does or doesn't sound/perform.

Anyone that says different must have one he!! of a crystal ball.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2166
Thank you, Phil. Exactly. Apparently Pete's got some really good spreadsheets now that are giving him EXTREMELY accurate performance predictions.

What do you use to design, Phil? I'm thinking about investing in SoundEasy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us