Car Amplifiers Problems

Username: Docvoodoo

Post Number: 1
Hi there..

Since a while ago, i've installed my new soundsystem which it includes an Alpine PDX-1000 and a 4 channels Alpine PDX-450 (not sure about the model # for the 2nd one). I got a Tsunami Capacitor as well.

Since yesterday night, it seems im having trouble with my amplifiers. It turns off after 5 minutes and my capacitor isnt doing the samething. Normally, its supposed to fill up when we have some hard base sounds but right now it doesnt.

The only way to get my amplifiers back is to turn off the car switch and try to un-plug and plug back some amplifiers audio cables.

Im willing to check if the problem is not my capacitor but im not sure.

I would really need to get help before paying a lot for a full checkup.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7146
What kind of sub or subs are you running on that Alpine PDX? Those amps are supposed to be very efficient and capacitors of that size won't be very useful if at all.

Post Number: 2
i got 1 sub on this.
alpine type-x 1000watt rms

and for the other amplifier i use 2 component 6 inch alpine, 2 front tweeters and 2 6x9 type-r in the back.

someone told me it could be my connexion that maybe got loose or capacitor might be the trouble.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 371
check every connection you can visually but there could be a multitude of problem bro.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7204
Take the capacitor out and what ohm load is the subwoofer? It's possible you have a bad connection somewhere because those PDX amps are supposed to be super efficient.

Post Number: 4
fixed.. remote was the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us