Looking for some input, newby here

Username: Cinnalocks

IN

Post Number: 1
I wished that I had found this forum prior to making my purchases but seeing how it is too late to return anything, I just need to know if by the groups standards I did okay, I know you can always do better.

I own a 94Q45 with the Bose System. A rear amp went out and I began to look into replacing it. Learned that I should just replace it.

I got Alpine SPS609 for the rear and SPR13S Component for the front doors with Pioneer 5300t 760 watt 2 channel amp. Is the one amp enough or should I get another to run the rears?

I still do not have a HU but I am thinking the new Pioneer FH P800BT (has a built in amp 50wx4), but open to suggestions. I need a dual din unit.
I listen to a lot of jazz, hip hop and r&b.

Silver Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 113
so you need a double din hu, try the FH-P800BT pio,i believe all pioneers has great sound when it comes for jazz music

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1619
Why do you need a double din? You can get a kit.

I wouldn't recommend Pioneer, stick with Alpine.

As for the speakers, you didn't do bad. They're nice speakers, and the match that amp well. I would amp the rear speakers at all, just run them straight of the HU.

You plan on adding a sub? Sub would make your music better.

Whats your budget on a HU?

IN

Post Number: 2
The double din I thought would look more like an oem, the kit anyone can look into my car and know it is a kit increasing the likelihood of a theft. At least that is what I was told.

I came up with the Pioneer,because it was suggested to me by a person who is well thought of on another forum and the look fit in my 15 yr old car.....also can get it shipped for less than $300.
I do not want a hu that looks like it should be mounted in a new car. But I have no problem with owning an Alpine unit. I did not want to spend more than 300 for the hu. No I was not planning on running subs at least not at this moment....they and the hd radio could be an add on at a later date.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1634
Get the double din then.

IN

Post Number: 3
Thanks I was waiting to hear what you thought.. just for clarity.... did you mean the Pioneer double din? I did not see a double din Alpine in the $300 price range?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1650
Yeah. Just be sure to disconnect the battery when working on your stereo ie installing, removing, rca work because Pioneers are notorious for alt whine that is related to blown fuses in the head unit.

IN

Post Number: 4
Thank you for that info G Cheese

Just another thought, I hear your preference for something other than the Pioneer.

So if I were to go with the Alpine and a kit, what do you think of the Alpine iDA-X100 .....I found it for the same price I was going to pay for the Pioneer.

IN

Post Number: 5
Or even the Alpine CDA-9887 which is in the same price range as the iDA-X100 and the Pioneer.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1652
9887!!!!!! The IDA is a cool unit, but really made for an iPod the 9887 is just a flat out great unit.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 166
9887 is in my opinion the top HU on the market. absolutely love the thing. i'd take it over an X-001 any day of the week.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 119
i really want to know what made the 9887 so interesting for some audiophiles? please i want to know, is it the 24bit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
IMPRINT technology plays a large part in why the 9887 is a nice little gadget. The automatic EQ and TA adjustments really improve imaging a lot, and smooth out the sound overall.

it's got an active crossover built in, time adjustment, 7 band graphic EQ (not quite as nice as Pioneer, but it gets the job done). 4v preouts, biolite display, an awesome iPod interface all help. 24bit DAC is a nice touch.

it's the total package that counts though, and although a Pioneer PRS-880 might have a few more manual tuning options....the Alpine's got a better display, a much better iPod interface, and connection options for anything you could want. The IMPRINT stuff puts it over the top though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
wrong model number, my bad...its the Pioneer DEH-P800PRS that i was referring to.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 120
ok i see, thats nice to know, i didnt know it had auto EQ, and TA , so i guess the 9887 should deliver good imaging and ambience, and about the new DEH-P800PRS, i like it but it looks like the p880prs but with the USB port

IN

Post Number: 6
Just to make it all clear it is the Pionee FH-P800BT that I was referring to in the choicesUpload
I am 85% sure I am going with the Alpine though and I really appreciate all the input. As you all can tell I had not a clue and now at least I have a clue.
I have found the Alpine for about $300. shipped which is the same as the Pioneer. I failed to consider that I had a detachable face on the Alpine, that with the special screws and a tint actually would cover my fear of theft.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us