Ur recommendations on subs w/ budget?

Bronze Member
Username: Gus738

Post Number: 66
hey guys i would like to hear recommendations for me on a subwoofer setup, i think my budget for subs and enclosure is $200 i want to put this on a 96 4dr accord. i currently have Bazooka Dual 10" Subs, 300W Amp and Enclosure Package Model #: BAZ EL10190PP

and i saw that circuit city currently offers on mtx buy 1 get 1 free such as the mtx jackhammer, for 2 12" im looking at $99.99 plus the enclosure 74.99 so $175 is what i can think of but how good is this setup? or can i get better ??? i want brand new stuff i used to shop with Dynamicautosound so i know i can get good stuff at a low price.... but i'v been out of the game soo much that i forgot, another help would be 2 ohms or 4 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2148
Even if you've been "out of the game", how did you forget what impedance means?

What sort of sound are you looking for? Can you get a new amp?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4563
no man.... just no... save more money and do it right the first time. I think its fair to say you were never in the game if you bought a bazooka tube. do you already have wiring and an amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
no i know baisc about the ohms law. the higher the ohm number the harder its to lift the sub right? yeah i forgot to type in what amp i have... but i meant if i should go with a 2 ohm or a 4ohm and why?

i have a audiobahn 8002t 2ch amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Reece if you clicked on circuity you would see its not a tube setup.... and the rason why i have those 2 subs party pak is because my alphasonic blew and i have the warranty....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4564
it doesn't matter if it were a bazooka tube or not... if it is made by bazooka then leave it alone. alphasonic is garbage too. audioburn is garbage too. those mtx subs you want to get buy one get one free are terrible too. while we're on a roll i'll go ahead and inform you that the pre-fab box you linked us to is overpriced, thus is terrible.

What are you looking to achieve with this system? SPL? SQ? that amp can work, but you should consider saving a little more for subs and a box and you will be happy longer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
im not trying to get SPL especially with a low budget lol SQ would be ok but i just want something that sounds ok or better then my garbage alphasonic.... ill be satsified with something small i dont go to competion or dont care if you hear me from 2 blocks away... for that i got my 06 civic with DUAL l5s... i just want something better then my alphasonic for my Daily driver .... thus only willing to spend around 200. maybe if its a bit more wont hurt

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2456
how many cars do you have?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2149
I've heard good stuff about Alphasonik. Ohm's Law has nothing to do with how hard a driver is to lift.

Quote from that package link:
"plus the install guy said if I wanted more bass the subs could handle a 1200 watt amp."

LMAO!

Anyway, get yourself a Mach 5 MAW and build a sealed box. That will be under $200. Check how much space you have and then decide which size you want.
http://www.mach5audio.com/index-2.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
unnessary post.... but two

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1500
ive got an 10" Alpine Type R in a Fisher Customs box up for sale if your interested

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
sorry guys im trying to edit but i guess you cant, cam i didnt mean un nessary post to yours, i meant to thevies. well i dont want to deal with building one nor i want to wait long i just want to buy something quickly and move on. btw whats with the quote?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
thanks guys for being active on this thread, and mike like i said i want something brand new dont have time or want to wait to build a box. i just want something quick, drop around 200 subs and a box and that it..... i know i can go on the ineternet and i can find great deals on known brands or non known brands, but im trying to debate if its worth spending $200 on Circuit city for those 2 12''s mtx jackhammer with box or to spend $200 on the internet?

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1248
Why is Dual and Audiobahn still not out of business.....

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2151
The quote was hilarious because a true 1200 watts would SMOKE those things. Building a small sealed box is easy. You could even get the hardware store to cut your panels for you. Then you just have to glue and clamp (or screw) them together.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
again cam i dont want to build one and 101 i dont want to sound like a 4$$ but i didnt ask which brands are out of buisness or which is better... guys i just want to know whats the best choice i can make for $200 or close around that price for buying subs and box enclosure

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
*bump*

i aprciate everyone that commented on this thread but i didnt ask about brands or quality

i just asked a simple question whats the best sub woofer and box setup that i can get for $200

wheather its just these overpriced and not so great mtx jackhammers or to online internet selection. can someone help out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4566
honestly, i think you should save more money towards this, but i would jump on this: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RE-AUDIO-RE12-12-SUBS-RESONANT-ENGINEERING-SUB-pair_W0QQit emZ360029016608QQihZ023QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and buy a prefab SEALED box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
what makes these non brands perferd over known brands? like kicker or mtx ? btw i can get dual l5's in factory box for $300 or so but i think im aiming for like the kicker crv 12" for like 190.... how is that compareable to the mtx jackhammer? both of those from http://stores.ebay.com/dynamicautosound_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQf subZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2464
better if not equal build quality, with a lower price.

the are known brands, just not to the majority of the "mainstream" community.

by factory,do you mean, prefab box or the cardboard box they will be shipped to you in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
well the L5 come in vented box like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-DS12L5-LOADED-DUAL-12-L5-CAR-SUB-WOOFERS-BOX_W0QQitem Z150221362618QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32823QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m15 3.l1262

but im looking to spend something small like these http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-DCVR12-2-CVR-DUAL-12-SUB-WOOFERS-PORTED-BOX_W0QQitemZ 130203301508QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18803QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153 .l1262

so my question is should i get the kicker comp vr
with box or mtx jack hammer plus a box?

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2465
I would get kicker over mtx, but for those prices, I would get something else. as Reece suggested earlier

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1251
I know you didnt but i still can wonder...

4 200 i doubt you gonna be able to get anything good... save more money.. atleast 400 or so

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
so for $200 can you tell me which sub to get? links please and does it matter what kind of enclosure? again i dont want something perfect and ill take anything over the alphasonic sound... and want something quick or the comp cvr for 190 i think or the mtx jackhamer+box for $180.....

or please give me links and point out which enclosure and subs?

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1252
Get the RE 12's Reece showed you

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2466
or even the mach5 maws like cam said

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
the re are 25 more watts then the mtx ..... but why is it perferd over kicker cvr or mtx? jackhammer?

and fianly if it was going to be only a circuit city purchase (which it may or may not be) then mtx would be a good call for the jackhamer+box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4569
because they are better subs. they won't blow for no reason. get those RE's in the link I posted and get a sealed box. dear god. why ask if you dont listen?

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1255
Yea the RE's also have a better build quality.. just listen to us get the RE's Dont get Dual or Sony or Audiobahn or MTX

Just cause people know of the brand dont mean it is good... People that don't know nothing about car audio know these brands why.. Because best buy and Circuit City carry them.. The underground products like

Audioque
Digital Designs
RD
Fi
RE
Ascendent Audio
and many others are way better then any of them Walmart CC and BB brands

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2329
"Why is Dual and Audiobahn still not out of business....."

boy oh boy ... might be the dumbest thing ive heard .. look at it from a business standpoint ... dual and audiobahn sell more subs the dd,rd,re and fi combined .. wanna know why? because they are mass marketed and their mass marketing is cross marketed with highly targeted electronic chains IE: Circuit City and Best Buy, therefore foot traffic in store and online traffic towers the number of the said underground car audio companies. Parts for subwoofers are very different also, some companies that use sja to outsource their woofers others make thing on premises, dual and audiobahn use japan or china, cheap labor, no overhang because they dont have to invest top dollar for parts. The consumer look for the best priced item, not always the best quality. If you were unknown consumer to the business and you wanted to add flare to you car what u want, a simple black cone that has DD on it, or a shiny bandpass box with strobe. Common sense should answer that question

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
reece and 101 i see so its just better products but they arent known ok..... so now that i understand slight better of these new brands i should be looking on ebay for great deals....

since theirs alot of those underground brands i have no clue what im getting into can i get some more feedback about them? and how do they compare to the kicker L5's since i'v heard l5s powerd right.....

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 985
"see so its just better products but they arent known ok" <--- lol who cares that they aint known they perform 110% way better then the sh!t u buy at CC r BB and last longer because of the build quality. Also u can be the first in ur area to have the unkown brand subs then ppl will ask u wtf kinda sub is that...haha Also u get what u paid for, so if u pay for a sh!tty sub thats what u get and later in the future u will have to put more money down for another sub after that blows, so why not spend the extra money now ahead time.

L5's or L7's suck and is not even a comparison to these subs haha. L7's are known for blowin up i know from personal experience i use to have one they dont last long becuz of the build quality. The only good thing kicker makes is their amps.....

You wont be able to purchase these subs off ebay well mayb if ur lucky sum1 is sellin it on their, the only one u could purchase of ebay is RE. The rest u have to purchase off their website or call in and order from the closest dealer to ur location.

some examples:

AQ HDC315 runnin off kx1200.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJe0c2WsIHE

15" RD Alpha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tyfT7Ld54

Fi Bl 15"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhKdT5U4gOE

DD 9515
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MjprbYRCT4&feature=related

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1256
Mike Loudon

I knew why they were.. I was just sayin it.. Not ment to be in question form...

CC and BB sell the hell out of them.. and people will always buy them.. I'm well aware of it I'm just sayin... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol....

Are are people so nieve and buy them.. why dont they do more research...

In other words why can't people stop buyin them.. and make them finally go out of business

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7137
"In other words why can't people stop buyin them.. and make them finally go out of business"

Because they don't know any better Dru. People often visit stores like BB and CC once or twice a month, I know I do..anyhow, there will always be "noobs" and people that don't know what's better than the next thing but will shell out the money.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1257
lol ugh god damn Noobs.. I just get tired of people Sayin Sony and MT and Kicker are the best.. i mention Fi or Audioque they go neva heard of it must suck....

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1259
MTx***... My x button on keyboard is broken i have to copy and paste lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8294
gustavo listen to these guys and find out what youve been missing out on

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 512
or just buy a kicker Comp VR 12" and run the 300wrms you have now to it in a prefab sealed box for 40 bucks and call it a day.

I'll sell you my Treo Tsi 12" in a ported box for 175 shipped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
hey thanks for that vid i like the DD the most so far, and yeah i guess it makes sense to what you guys are saying.... so where do i find DD9512?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
lol 1500 watts rms 6000 peak???? i need something decent for auiobahn a8002T 200x2 @ 4 ohm 400x2@2 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1591
That sub is way out of your price range... They are roughly 500 dollars.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1008
no problem bro i thought the vids would help you, and try n it explain it better on what were telling u. neways the DD is a bit pricey though but like i said b4 u get what u paid for...

heres the site, u gotta find a dealer close to u and place an order.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
what about the AQ or the RD?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 418
yeah those are good brands.

www.audioque.com
http://www.rdaudio.net/

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1012
AQ is good too thats what i have the HDC315, but they are currently out of stock on all HDC3's they go for $279 shipped for the 15s..

http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

RD audio u have to go on the website and contact Kevin Holden or Steve Miller

http://www.rdaudio.net/

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
beat you. :-)

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1013
lol i had to type an explanation...haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
all these are high end subs that require lots of watts.... this would be great on my 06 civic insted of my l5's but if i want to put something quick right now that wont hit me hard on cash flow then ill get something low priced..... besides i can always sell these CC brands....

so more importanly quite simple

current part pak bazooka or the mtx jackhammer 12'' with mtx box?

within the same price range.

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 516
if you want something cheap and fast why ask a forum... just buy the chepest setup you can. Anything will "bump". and up untill a certian point it will all sound the same. Pick which one 'you' like because obviously no one else likes your options.

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 517
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7498_Sonic+Sub+Box-+1SV12.html

$35 single 12 box

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3406_Kicker+05CVR122.html

12" kicker comp vr $85

wire it in series and bridge the amp to 4 ohms
or wire each coil (2ohms) to a channel. And set the gain correctly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
well reason i came to this forum was to ask what is the best choice i can get for under $200 for subs with box. this is a great responding forum but you guys are trying to tell me whats the best. i asked whats best for this budget limit. i got great links to support on how great they sound and reece did post a link of the re subs on ebay. which was really seemed like the only choice for under 200 limit for these underground so called better quality subs....

im not trying to get on anyones back but i asked whats the best choice to get subs and box for under 200 not to make this thread why underground unknown brands are better then known brands such as mtx or kicker....

do you guys know what i mean?

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
just get the re.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4578
Man, honestly its hard for us to recommend you a system considering most of us wouldn't own a system if we only had 200 to spend on it... I would personally step my budget up and get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-ENGINEERING-HOTBOX10-10-TSX-SUB-BOX-2-TSX10-44_W0QQitem Z150221926738QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
what are these
http://attr-search.ebay.com/re_W0QQa10244Z10425QQa14ZQ2d11QQa31302Z31362QQa31304

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1595
those are subs lol....

or did you post the wrong link?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
no i meant to say that are these autenthic re subs???

and what about these

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RE-AUDIO-RE12-12-SUBS-RESONANT-ENGINEERING-SUB-pair_W0QQit emZ360029016608QQihZ023QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ
cmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 4580
that's the subs i posted earlier, but your amp wont work well with those. if you buy two dual 4 ohm speakers you need an amp that will put out 400 x 2 @ 1 ohm or 400 x 2 @ 4 ohms. So basically you need 2 dual 2 ohm subs or 1 dual 1 ohm sub.

Here are the last two things I would consider getting and after this recommendation I'm done with you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-ENGINEERING-TSi12-8-12-SUBWOOFER-SUB-8-OHM-NEW_W0QQitem Z250214115706QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_ trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Get two of those and build or buy a SEALED box. Run your amp at 4 ohms so it will produce 200 x 2.

OR

http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm

Get a Dual one ohm version of that sub and bridge your amp to 4 ohms to get 800 watts out of it.

If you can't make a choice now besides something from Circuit City or Best Buy then this is hopeless.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
thanks reece the treo are 8 ohms???? how do i get that going on the auiodbahn a8002t?

again i know very little of ohms law and how to pre wire series or parelle?

but yeah that treo seems to be it

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3382
how come you didn't put up my vid state? im hurt. there are soooooo many choices of sub woofers its amazing. the re se is a very good budget woofer. the kicker compvr in a prefab box isn't a bad choice. imo mtx prefab boxes are worse the prefab bandbass boxes. its a shame. though mtx doesn't make the best low lever woofers there boxes just retard their capabilities even more. =) though these guys are being rough on you they do know a great deal of info. they are probably rough because nothing that has been said has been really put into consideration. I understand your newer to car audio and it I hard to go off what someone says on a forum but forums are here to help. =)
if you would like any rd stuff you can also contact me. =)

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 150
I will probably get some flame-ing for this but my first system was just one of those cheap package deals. It was a kenwood package I have no idea what the models were, but it really got the job done. I got a box from my friend for next to nothing. It satisfied me for quite a while and i didnt have many problems with it except the amp would overheat and shut off everyonce and a while. It was a great system for the money i think i managed to spend $200 on it and have a friend install it for me. So if you just want something small and cheap then I guess just look for something cheap(it wont be a very good system, but it wont cost too much).

Gold Member

Post Number: 4586
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=81

There ya go. Buy and be happy. I would also replace our L5s ASAP

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
hey hunterw thanks for the reply yes i would very much apriciate the help, i am kinda new to this im not looking for the best or comp subs lol i just want something decent, i have 200 to play with on CC for what i see mtx makes bad prebox kicker seems slightly bettter and while the treo seem a great choice im kinda torned about the 8 ohms lol...

kevin im within those lines, i just want to hear some music i could care less if they blow later * for 200 i would be suprised if they held for long* and its just for my daily driver work and back noting to it lol....

reece so each of those subs put + from each sub together to a + on amp and - on each sub together to - on amp right???

the auiobahn has 4 speaker terninals

+ - + -
lch ? rch?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3383
feel free to call me @ 1-505-592-5404 =)

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 152
The 10" alpine that mike was talking about might not be a bad option for you then.

How many watts(rms) is your amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
here is the specs on the auiobahn 2ch a8002T

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=108

Gold Member

Post Number: 8300
"reece so each of those subs put + from each sub together to a + on amp and - on each sub together to - on amp right???

the auiobahn has 4 speaker terninals"

what hes saying is bridge the amp...it wasnt totally clear the way he typed it but thats what he meant...bridging only uses two terminals and they are labeled which to use for mono hook up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
??? sorry

Gold Member

Post Number: 8303
explain what you need to know

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 149
i dunno if i agree with audiobahn being garbage because i had their 1200dt and that thing did its power and seemed very efficient it pounded the hell out of my two 15 type r's at 1 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 8304
better yet go here...and go to amplifier bridging and anything else you want or need to learn

http://www.bcae1.com/

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 151
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=74
thats what i had and i loved it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
thanks sean this seems like a very useful link to learn.... i should of been clearly, i dont know much of wiring options all i know is basics lol....

maybe i should just use the credit of the bazookas (200) get the mtx and sell em and put something better .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 8334
your welcome but id suggest going with the treo's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us