System help please

Bronze Member
Username: Db18

Post Number: 28
I'm looking for a quality system that will not cost a lot of money. my budget is about $500 i'm looking to run some 6 1/2 in the front and some 6/9 in the back on a 4 channel amp. what will be the best setup? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 480
check in the amps section i posted some info for you

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 162
skip the rears, your ears don't hear em. save the money and get some better fronts. then you'll also be able to save money by getting a 2 channel amp.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 484
yea but without rear fill i think a system sounds "empty" especially since he wont have an sub. a lot of people say they don't need rear fill, but i find it a necessity. given that it isn't as important as your front speakers, but i would still go with it.
maybe we have different types of ears, because i can def hear the rear fill, i even have the fade up two notches on my hu.

Silver Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 114
having rear speakers will only sound ok if you set your TA right or have a 5.1 surround on youre hu, other than that i agree with exide audio, skip the rear, and just get great fronts and two channel amp.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1620
^^X3. $500 would be a nice budget on a pair of comps and a 2 channel amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
what if i add a little more to the budget and go with a 5 channel amp? I seen a kicker amp on ebay for very cheap. I was thinking about adding one alpine type r and some 6X9 and 6 1/2. what do ou think? or would anothe setup be better

Silver Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 116
if you have the money then do what ever makes you happy, we just recommend you to have better fronts but it seems you dont need our suggestions, and it seems you want pretty much everything in youre vehicle, well just do what you want

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
it's not like that i was just wondering if it would make a great difference if i got added sub. i appreciate all of your help

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1632
Sub is good. 5 channel isn't too good. I have a 5 channel, and it's just not as versatile as 2 amps.

Get the fronts, get a sub, and get an appropriate amp for those and leave the rears stock.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us