MS

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1750
i was looking at some buig 3 installs on sound domain and i have the ring termnals tht they use in the pictures already and i was wondering if u knew this lil fact about big 3 installs bcuz im deathly affraid of my regulator failing and ruining my car .

"When fusing your alternator to battery positive wire, fuse it toward the battery end of the wire. As IMTfox points out later in this thread, the battery will explode if it's overloaded, while the alternator will only burn out its regulator which won't cause much damage except to the alternator itself. Exploding batteries are no fun! "

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/312025/page/1

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6637
Bullshit...........

Alt to battery wire does not need to be fused. It is usually so short that you can't get a fuse at each end, and having only 1 would be useless as that wouldn't "protect" the wire.

Now all this stuff about the regulator failing and burning up electronics in the car. Sure it can happen, just as likely with a stock alt. The chance of it is about as good as getting struck by lightning though. And putting a fuse between the alt and battery will do jack sh!t to stop it. Excessive high VOLTAGE is what would do the damage. Fuses blow based on the amount of current being drawn through the circuit.

BTW, you completely mis-interpreted that paragraph. When they mean is if you could put a fuse right where the wire connects to the battery, it would protect the battery if the wire shorts. And that it would, but that wire is usually short enough that it's just not practical.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1752
Alright cool bcuz thts the main thing I'm worried about. Just got 20% tint yest my whip is getting better day by day

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 964
the alt on camrys is located on the left side n battery is on the right side tho.....

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 965
"And that it would, but that wire is usually short enough that it's just not practical."

im guessing ur alt is right next to ur battery?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1579
Thats still too short of a distance to have any effect. It's probobly no more than 3ft away.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 966
lol ok just checkin haha cuz ima order sum wire off paul. i alreadi ordered 6 0 gauge terminals for 11.95 off ebay. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us