Noob stuff

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 213
if i get a sealed box and play some kind of music that will go through like 70 to 30 Hz and us a mic to find when it is louder will that be that my car is tuned too? like if at 58 Hz it gets like 128db but everything else is less.(just making those numbers up)
if i find out what my car is tuned to can i tune my box to the same frequency and would i get higher spl?

i am not talking how to tune a box.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3518
This is not a noob question at all actually. Long story short, tuning your box to the resonant frequency of your car is not a good idea generally. You may gain a couple dB's in a specific frequency range but you will also vibrate your car to death since the resonant frequency of the interior is where everything inside will rattle and creak.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
ummm. but i would get a few more db?
right now it is tuned to 37 hz. would it even be worth my time to find out what my car is tuned at?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2423
if your box is tuned to your car's resonating freq, you will obtain a higher number, if done right. for instance, if I were to tune my box to around 47hz and use a burp box, I would be achieving about the highest score I could get.

Silver Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 153
just run a sweep like ur saying in a sealed box w/ a tl to find the loudest freq. then tune 5-7hz lower than ur resonant freq. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7100
I thought you were dead Ogle...I think I heard some rumors about you or Ogle oweing people money. What was that about?

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
what is the difference from a burp box and a normal box?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3372
fyi most cars have 2 resonating freq. one is from 40s-50s and another much higher. what is the goal of this system? spl or lowend or sq or sqlish

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
i want SPL

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8270
hunterw..."fyi most cars have 2 resonating freq. one is from 40s-50s and another much higher. what is the goal of this system? spl or lowend or sq or sqlish"

full octave right?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8271
Benjamin Lukas Kennedy...a sealed box would be a way to find the resonant freq but ideally it should be in a box with as flat of a curve as possible ...are there any more tricks ...maybe

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 973
^^^^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us