Upgrading Alternator and/or battery

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 140
Ok so my friends has a 99' 1500 with a red top optima. he just recently got a roof rack and he already has a grill guard. the grill guard has three 8" 100w maxtels and two 6" 55w maxtels and two projector fog beams not sure of the wattage. then on the roof rack he's going to put six pro comp lights that came with his roof rack. then he also has four 6, 7, or 8" (unsure of size) hella black tinted lights. and then he also has 4 KC daylighter 150Watt sealed beam lights. AND finally two KC rectangle lights unsure of the watts.

so we have

3 8" 100W Maxtels
2 6" 55W Maxtels
2 Projectors fog
6 Pro Comps 100W
4 KC 150W daylighters
2 KC rectangle daylighters
4 Hella Black tinted
2 Warn Spotlights
1 Warn Floodlight

he also has a total 500.1 and two Kicker Comp CVR's. none of these lights are currently on but will be eventually. and he is for a fact going to upgrade his alternator but is looking for one that is under $400 and will be able to be bolted on with no modification. i told him he should also get a second yellow top optima. i've heard the irragi alternators are good stuff? ok but anyways here what i got.

alternator under $400, fits in with stock bolts
should add another yellowtop?

what i am wondering is what alternator should he get and if he should get a second yellow top?

thanks
-Matt

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7096
The batteries will be very helpful when he's powering all those lights with the engine off or else you'll be stranded somewhere. The alternator will keep everything with sufficient current as the vehicle runs. For an alternator you can look into several companies and they are(off the top of my head):

Ohio Generators
DB Alts
Iceberg Alts
Excessive Amperage
Iraggi
PowerMaster
Stinger(Not sure if they still make them)
MCR

I'm sure there are other companies as well. I can't say much for any of them except for my Iraggi and Iceberg alts work great BUT Iraggi has the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life.

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 143
Ok gotcha cause he mainly only gonna use them all while spotlighting at his ranch and some nightime off roading so I'll tell him to get a decent alternator for around 200 so he can get another yellowtop should do the trick lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us