Anyone ever heard of this happening

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 125
my friend has two alpine type r 12'' 4 ohm dvc subs hooked up to two mrp 450 alpine i believe that the models number so subs have seperate amp, everytime he hits a bump or goes around an extreme curve in the road his subs hit harder than normal lol i went back and checked all the wiring cause he was too impatient to wait for me to come back into town and had an audio company do the wiring so can something possible be loose in the amp or something causing this???

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19046
maybe its all in your head. lol.

jp man. no thats new to me. bump so someone else can answer.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 856
hmmm sounds like an illusion. lol kinda weird situation...what r u guys smokin? lmao

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
actually i have never smoked anything in my life and i take huge pride in that and i thought he was crazy too until i took a ride in the truck with him lol

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19049
zack only thing i can tell you is check all your connections. make sure they are nice and tight.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
well my friend is a stupid with car audio so i have to do everything for him and i did check the connections in the car idk oh well can something possibly be loose in the amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
also imao i told him i thought the new alpine r's like i think 2005-present are junky compared to the old school r's i tried to ask in another thread what people thought about that

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14404
Sounds strange. Does he have fluid in his ears lol?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3549
check the ground. If it was something loose in the amp, it wouldnt get louder, it would get smokey.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15289
You can put this to rest by getting a db meter and take it with you when you drive. Take measurements at the point where you guys think it gets louder:

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 544
also check the connections to the subs them selves, alot of audio places dont' fully connect the wiers to the subs becasue they are never seen... so thats where i would start first, aslo make sure the box is held down and doesn't move when taking those tight turns if it still happens, do something stupid, ride in the trunk, hold a flash light and your cell phone and have your friend take a tight turn and see how the different gravity affets the wiers so you can see first hand

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13267
has to be grounding point on the vehicle - remove gorund wires & sand that area & tighten it firmly .....

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1323
sounds like the eexact opposite of what used to happen to me. a few weeks ago i was installing my amps and stuff and my positive battery terminal did not fit good and everyting a hit a bump my car would shut off almost all my amps would shut off and all my warning lights would come on. Obviously i wasnt going to stand for thant for more than a day so i fixed it as soon as i got home.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1068
Maybe the RCA's?? Had a problem once where it just randomly cut in out out, not necessarily on a curb or a bump but I could see it happening like that. What brand RCA's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
not sure brand of rca its my buddies system

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 394
Hey let's get a tl and do donuts in it!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 395
Hey let's get a tl and do donuts in it!!!

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 101
we have experienced something similar in an expedition. whenever we brake, the bass gets louder. i think its just has something to do with the way the waves travel in the car at different g forces?

i dunno, just throwing that out there

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1534
Maybe he has a wet-cell battery that gets a little extra excited when shaken. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us