DVD flip-out

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 457
I installed a Pioneer AVH-6400 with my friend today and so far it's really nice for a $250 dollar flip-out
That $250 dollars included a Pioneer SDV-P7, but it's missing a cable so I couldn't hook it up yet.

Got a couple of ?s. OK my protect light on my SAX-100.2 will go on for a second or two then go back to normal and not go back into protect, even at high volumes. The protect light never used to come on before, so any ideas on why it's doing that. Power is coming from the HU for now, but the remote wire goes from my HU to my SAZ-1500D then a second remote wire goes from my SAZ-1500D to my SAX-100.2.
And second, this might be why the protect light goes on. How do you guys hook up a speaker amp. I got mine installed at a shop and he has the speaker wire come through the dash. My friend said all the amped speakers he's seen went speaker wire from amp to speakers and RCAs to HU. So I thought about it and how is the speaker wire going from my amp to the speakers if the ends come through the dash? I know nothing about installing speakers so feel free to prove my wonderings wrong.
We connected the speakers to the HU for now and I'm going to take the car to the guy tomorrow to see what's up. When we plugged in the RCA's the amp either went into protect, protect/ fine alternating every second, or the amp was fine but with engine noise.

Thanks for any ideas guys.

Silver Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 219
1. Check to make sure the amps gains match the new H/U output voltage.
2. split the remote wire before the amps then run a seperate wire to each amp.

Normally if the speakers are being run off an amp, the speakers are conected to that amp. However I have seen cases where an amp has been linked to the stock system's amp and uses the stock wiring. But usually RCA's and remote go from H/U to amp, and speakers are wired up to the amp. And of course the ever important power and ground.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 124
my highs speaker wires never touch my hu i ran the speaker wire from the factory tuck wiring harness straight back to the amp then rca's to the hu

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
The output voltage is the same (4V). I'll reset the gains anyways though. And would running two two remote wires from the HU to each amp work? Is that similiar to what you were saying Th3Vir3s?

And Zack I'm talking about the speaker wire that goes from my amp to my mids, not highs.

Silver Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 223
I would run just one wire from HU to where ever the amps are, then splice it into two different wires and hook one to each amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
Alright thanks man. I'll try that. Also think I'm gonna call the guy who installed the speakers and see what he has to say about how he wired the speakers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
Bump for any more ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us