How to prevent HU from skipping

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5573
my HU skipps when i go over bumps is there any way to prevent this???

Bronze Member
Username: Tkilla

BastropUsa

Post Number: 57
better mount or ipod i had the same prob when i first put my system in but works great wit a ipod or somthin good L

Silver Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 152
put 1x1 squares of sponge under and over it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6583
USB headunits FTW

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14403
^^^Absofreakinglutely.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 859
r HU wit ipod connection FTW. lol what kind of HU is it?

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 73
Headunits with USB are getting quite common finally, as most major brands(Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion, and Panasonic) are including USB hookups now.
I have an Alpine CDA-9886 and I rarely use the CD function anymore, mainly USB and iPod. Love it.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 761
yea i use the ipod hookup for the most part, but the cd player is still handy for those must-have cd's that you buy

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14406
Not to mention the storage capacity of USB drives today. 2 gigs is quite common and that = entire music libraries.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 860
yea i only use my cd player to watch my dvds lol or else its all ipod connection fTW!! i forget when the last time i made an mp3 cd.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19053
i use ipod.

ipod vs usb

usb....i really like it. its very convinient and easy to access the songs. very easy to transfer songs from the pc to the usb drive. if you are at someone's house and they had nice songs on their pc, you can just copy and paste it on your usb real quick. only thing i don't like about the usb is it has no playlist function. maybe some hu's can setup a playlist but not the one i had.

ipod.......the advantage of having an ipod is you can get up to 80gig of music at your finger tips. you can setup your playlist on your ipod so its convinient. the thing i don't like is you have to use itune to transfer music. so if you are someone's house and they don't have itunes, then you can't transfer that music. only thing you can do is copy and paste the songs on to your ipod and take it home to transfer it to the ipod. also the search takes to long. for example, you have to go through artist, album, and then the song. so if you want to choose another song, you have to go back the same way.

all in all, i'd rather have a usb but for me that would be spending extra 100 bux for the usb unit for my indash. so i stick to the ipod.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14408
I agree Chad the Ipod has a greater storage capacity. Like you however the fact that Apple forces their software on you sucks azz. Usb drives are just that, drives.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4680
has anyone tried using an external HD for USB? I have a 160GB external with about 50GBs of music on it, I'm tempted to see if it loads.

I don't think it will unless the USB on my H/U is USB 2.0 .. not sure if any are using that yet or not but they should, much faster.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14414
How would you power the external? Most I've seen need plugged in. Both mine do. 500 and 200 gigs. LOT'S of space.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4681
mine powers up from the USB.. I'm guessing because it is a smaller 160GB it don't draw too much power..

if its large like yours, power inverter would do the trick :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14417
Unless you're on a 200 day trip I doubt anyone would need 500 gigs of music.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4682
true that, but it opens up new options for people who want to use the usb for movies

also would be a cheaper version for more space over the ipod.. the WD passport 80gbs are fairly cheap and power by usb

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 554
slow down when you go over the bumps... LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 4683
your talking to someone who runs into fences :-(

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1483
"I doubt anyone would need 500 gigs of music."

I have that and then some. Complete albums. Of course I do not listen to it all, it's just nice to have lol.

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 556
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH yea see he SHOULD slow down then HAHAHHAAHAHA

David your giving us men drivers a bad name...

the saying is
"oh thats a women driver"
NOT
"oh thats a man driving"

but i guess we could say

"oh thats david driving"

yea that works:-)

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2683
get a better HU or stop hitting bumps...mine doesn't ever skip no matter how big of a bump i hit

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14419
Oh I've got that much data, and then some. I love the ability to BU my pc with an external also. When I wanted the "large" 20 gig computer 10 years ago the salesman said: "Dude, what are you ever gonna need that much space for?" Now they're 200+ gigs out of the box. Space is cheap today.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1071
Is there a noticeable sq or db loss between the usb(mp3) and a cd?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2111
Can't you use the iPod as a USB drive?
There is other software besides iTunes now. Winamp can be used but I don't like their plugin so I got ML_iPod.
You can get Rockbox and solve all the issues because you aren't even using the iPod firmware. It becomes a regular MP3 player.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3550
USB is very nice to have. I have a 4 gig (about 900 files) and its nice. As far as play lists? Yea mine can make em, Providing you set it up in the folder when your transfering. I have my music set up by gerne, so I just go to say rock file, and it plays all rock songs. Also ppl are using hard drives with extrnal power. One of the biggest problems is theres no real good program to handle that size library. You would need to have it recognize music vs video vs aac, and so on. One of the easiest ways is to put a carputer in that runs windows media player or what have you. Also a laptop with the usb is working well.
Give it a few more years and there will be something out there.

As far as cd skipping? get a better deck, or foam it in. some one else said to wrap it in dynomat.. Kinda messy if you take it out.

See if this song skips.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/83251907f2e207/

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2117
Sounds pretty loud. Thanks, Marc.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5574
i have an alpine. i prolly gunna put sponge underneath it.

i have an ipod just waiting for the cable to come in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us