Pro's Only Dont need No BS From Noobs(Subs and Amp)

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 821
I am looking to get 2 type r's and would like to hook emm up to a kicker 1200 but don't have the money for the 1200 kicker. In your opinion whats the cheapest amp avalible that will still produce the same quality as the kicker 1200 for the two type r's? Also hook me up with some sites to get cheap products.(Realible and Cheapest Around) Its been months since I have posted shout out to chauncey ,penelope and all old boys from ecustics back n the day.

Peace

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3275
Dont know what impedance you need the 1200rms at or what you want to spend. But check out the audioque 1200d. $249

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4506
cheap and quality don't normally go together. look into the audioque 1200d

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14387
"cheap and quality don't normally go together."

Words to live by........

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8798
I don't know if I'm considered a pro or not but I agree with the AQ 1200d as well.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 848
AQ 1200D ftw

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 70
Good choice. For that amp you'll want to get the type r's at dual 4 ohm, to wire in paralell(1 ohm). Btw, Where are you getting the subs from? Just curious.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13258
other than AQ , hifonics is ur next best choice .....

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16368

Silver Member

Post Number: 824
So get dual 4ohms and wire them parellell! Is the hifonics better than the AQ? Heres my set up 2 type r's 4ohm so what amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
Oh sh.it! Big question here, if i was to get the hifonics amp what ohms type r's would i want to get?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13261
get dual 4ohms subs

no the AQ is supposed to be better but if on a tighter budget get the hif instead ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3280
With either amp you would want Dual 4 ohm subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 72
^
What both Rovin and Naledge said.

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
Sounds good !!!Hifonics with two 12 inch type r's in a bandpass box! All n all 500$ and decent sound. Thanks All.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4509
prefab bandpass?

i would go with the audioque and build your own box.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6584
LMAO bandpass boxes suck

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 984
Don't worry he's a pro, remember? "no bs from noobs"

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2107
MS meant that poorly designed and/or built bandpass boxes suck.
Poorly designed and/or built boxes suck.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1702
}No bandpass box dude. Yea

If ur super low on cash look into the audiobahn A8000T on ebay they rated @ 800 watts @ 2 ohm run 1 to each type r my friend had tht setup and it was damn good especially for the price you can prolly find them on ebay for about 80 bucks each used.

But if ur not tht brokeAQ amp or I was going 2 reccomend the Hifonics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 828
I have a bandpass box laying around, thats the only reason im using it. Im dont have the time to make a decent ported box and dont feel like wasting the $ for one. Bandpass will do fine. And keith suck my Di.ck.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19059
don't use that bandpass. you will hate it. i am telling you man. don't use it.

also looks like you got the amps covered. hifonics if you want to save a bit or aq if you want better quality.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2327
yeah, dont you a bandpass. It will just be a wasate of your time and money. no need to pay money for those subs if you will be throwing them in a prefab... Especially a prefab bandpass

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 546
thats wierd you say pros only, but you make a noob statement... thats a good way to get attention

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3510
I never realized some of you guys were audio pros! Maybe now I will read what you type with some amount of reverence, as opposed to my usual reaction of laughing and slapping my leg.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
Yea im definatly going to junk the bandpass but it will do temp. Any one know were i can get a cheap ported box online?

And all u haters i never made a noob statment nor did i say i was a pro. I simply asked for pro help. If you dont have helpfull sh.it 2 say dont post! So fu.ck off! Dum.ba.sses

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 548
"I am looking to get 2 type r's and would like to hook emm up to a kicker 1200 but don't have the money for the 1200 kicker. In your opinion whats the cheapest amp avalible that will still produce the same quality as the kicker 1200 for the two type r's? Also hook me up with some sites to get cheap products.(Realible and Cheapest Around) Its been months since I have posted shout out to chauncey ,penelope and all old boys from ecustics back n the day.

Peace"

that whole thing is a noob statment cheap and rteliable NEVER go together if you knew ANYTHING about car audio you'd know that, i leaned that my first day on this sight like what 3 years ago?

i have help full sh!t to say but when you ask for pros ONLY your actin like a d!ck to all those people that have helpful things to say that don't think they are a real pro. people like you piss me off because you don't give the little ones the chance to learn! THE BEST WAY TO LEARN IS TO TEACH!!!

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 861
www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1703
}I don't see why it matters wether ur a "noob" or not if u have a helpful and relevant posts why not try and help this guy out thts the way I see it.

And who's to say who is a pro and not a pro I'm sure some of the smartest guys on here would be looked @ as noobs 2 someone else with a lot more knowledge in car audio. Ya dig

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 549
agreed JayZ... AGREED

Gold Member

Post Number: 1704
}And calling ppl names isn't the best way 2 get help around here bud B easy and it cool

Gold Member

Post Number: 3285
Why do threads always have to turn into a clusterfuck? He was being respectful until he was disrespected.

Yeah he has a bandpass. Theres a way to tell him that its not the best option without being a smartass.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 552
he started this thread disrespecting people

"Pro's Only Dont need No BS From Noobs(Subs and Amp)"

am i the only one that sees that as dissrespect? everyones opinon should matter especially in a thread where he isn't quite sure on what type of amp to get there might be a great amp out there that only 1 "noob" knows about but because that "noob" is told not to come in this thread and give his "bs" he desides not to get this kid the info about that amp.

clusterfuck HAHAHAH that made me laugh really:-) good way to lighten the mood for me HAHAHAHA

Gold Member

Post Number: 3286
I didnt take it as disrespectful at all. I took it as he wanted good advice.

And you're right everybody's opinion should matter. But why do people feel they gotta be a smartass to voice their opinion. At that point they arent being helpful, they are being disruptive to the thread. IMO

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 558
IMO he got what he needed the aq1200d so it was time to say it, if he doesnt' take the aq1200d then obviously he didn't come here for that help but anyway, i do see it as dissrespect because who cares if a noob comes on here and sayd "hey get a sony 1000 watt amp its cheap and reliable" which it is, it doesn't put out 1000 watts or anything near that but it still answers his question but then the new kid can learn that sony's are no good, this whole web site is to learn, and the ONLY way guys learn IMO is to learn the hard way which is makin the mistake on your own}

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6588
www.fishercustoms.com

www.woodlawncabinety.com

Get a box there. And no prefab boxes thats almost as bad as a bandpass..... well maybe not quite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3290
^^Both of those people do great work. I dont know Phils (woodlawns) prices but BJ has some very affordable prices. All his prices on enclosures listed on his site also include shipping.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1706
}Woodlawns prices are also reasonable I got a box from him great qaulity BJ's are just a lil more fancy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3292
I'm sure woodlawn can do some fancy boxes too. They both do awesome work.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 419
getting a box from woodlawn or fishercustoms would be a WORLD of difference from a cheapo prefab.

do it the right way the first time!

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2109
Dwight, you should have seen that box Phil built for the XXX 18.
http://com4.runboard.com/becousticsfam.f13.t277

Gold Member

Post Number: 4516
"}And calling ppl names isn't the best way 2 get help around here bud B easy and it cool"

wow, someone else i know could have used that advice a little while back...

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 867
damn that box phil built looks mad crazii. lol i wonder how it sounded.

Silver Member

Post Number: 830
LOL, fu.cking pathetic what i ment by no noobs is dont turn my thread into a bs argument. What i mean by noob is some fa.gget fu.cking loser who has nothing better to do than cry about pointless sh.it. If you dont like what i posted press back and go to a new thread. No limit soldier take a tampon and stick it in ur fu.ckin pu.ssy u cry.bi.tch fa.gs like u make me laugh. This is trully f.ucking funny. LOL W/e Thanks to all who was helpful. People are pathetic.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 2000
BACK ON topic

Build you a box man it cost me 40$ an i was scared to build it thought it wouldnt turn out right at all

I had it cut at home depot for free took it home put it togheter TADAAAAAAA it Hit like nobodys Bussines way way way way way better then a prefab box wether sealed ported or bandpass no such thing as 1 box fits all in the sub world

BUILD A BOX aint hard at all and it will be worth it i used those free plans for ported boxes

but u can have Fisher customs Design you a box and hell ship out the parts if need be

or you can Get him to make a build sheet and Diagram with detailed instructions as to building it

Fishercustoms.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 831
Oh yea , Great Box site never saw one setupthis way. Great site . Mucho Appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 4520
your a tool pimp... kill yourself. thanks

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6601
^^^^^ Best post in this thread

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14454

Gold Member

Post Number: 4521
alcohol > me. :-) still down for you killing yourself though, pimp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us