Orion 2500d

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 309
ok got one going to be powering my 12" HDC3 (should bang more than nicely) :-) I have a 150a stick alt with a kinetik 1800 in the back will that be enough?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1059
You should be ok, assuming you are not using that full 2500w.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
oh ok, but if i wanted to would another battery help or i would have no choice but to get a ho alt?

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1061
You will need a HO alt to run that amp at full tilt. If I was you I would put that kinetic under the hood and do the big 3, just my opinion tho. Also, I would not run 2500 watts to that sub. Never dealt with that sub personally, but I myself wouldnt put much over 1500w daily on it. I would assume on a burp it will handle more, but Im not for certain.

Sound like a good setup tho, props!

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
well b4 i hook up the amp i plan on doing the big3 i brought some wire the other day from knuconceptz just waiting for it thnx still learning i appreciate the help

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2088
I know people had 3kW daily on HD3s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
that's what i read too so i thought they should be able to take 2500 easily

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1065
Try us and tell us how it handles. I was told they wont handle as much as the previous hd3's, but you never know till you try.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 610
The Orion can pull clear over 300 amps of current at full bore. Very good amp, just be easy with the gains on your electrical.

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
d@mn didn't know they pull that much current, I knew a good bit but wow well i was planning on getting a ho alt b4 running it full power but when i do will a 200-250a alt work with that battery in the back to get FULL power? currently it's at my mom's house until i do the big 3 (i've have the wire n stuff for like 2 weeks) just got too lazy to do it

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6669
200-250 amp alt would be good yes. The more the better.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 619
I would not stress it too much. The amount of time, under normal usage at full power or near full power should be very low.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
ok,i'll be using it this weekend but before i do should i wait until i get the ho alt or can i run it with what i have now assuming i keep the gain low? about how much can i safely run without damaging my alt now?

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1152
I would assume around 1500w to be safe when driving, not idle. Do you have a volt meter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
unfortunately no, at least not for the inside i got a cheap dmm tho i use to check voltage and would 2000w be pushing it? currently i run a 1606d with no problems but we all know these are over rated

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6741
You're not going to be able to run much more than what you have now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
damn that's disappointing now, oh well i'll have the ho alt by summer too bad it's sooo far away just have to be patient

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Southern Georgia, GA United States

Post Number: 1811
That amp is power hungry. Make sure you don't clip it. That's how I blew mine... :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us