HD Radio

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4651
Anyone using it? Thinking about buying one of those cheap sets off ebay to test it out.

My headunit is already HD ready so I'd just need the box.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3517
ultra low sq. music is compressed to like 96kbs or lower.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 18932
dude kevin just step it up and get the xm or sirius.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3518
read my link towards the bottom.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/radio/214971.html

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1545
chad how is the SQ with sat. radio?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 980
alot of ppl coplain it's compressed but it's equal to around a 128 to 256 kb mp3 i'd say. i really can't complain other then i have to turn my sirus up a bit more to get it lud i got some volume loss but otherwise i like it.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2259
why pay for radio why you can just d/l the songs you wanna hear for free? Never understood it but to each his own

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4194
Agreed ^^^ I rarely use the tuner, matter of fact most everything I listen to has been run through proggies to remove recorded defects and normalize, hate when going from one song to the next having to turn it down or adjust my nutz, lOl. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 778
^^^^^^^^^x2 ipod

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18986
one thing cool about the xm is you don't have to stress about what to listen to. also some of the talk shows are funny as hell and you get sporting events.

live concerts as well.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6561
If they could only broadcast satellite radio with good quality low compression sound......... it's a shame they runied such a good technology with compression to fit more stations :/

They say its better now with the new improvments but at 96 kbps or less I just don't see how it could possibly sound good. I may just have to give Sirius / XM another listen though.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4482
my radio tuner sucks. stations in my area are always fuzzy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18990
M.S. it aint that bad. of course it ain't like listening to a cd but its worth having. no commercials. lol.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6576
I know Chad I really want to get Sirius I think....... I will have to listen to it again and see. If the sound is decent at least I will probably get it soon, and get the hardwire module for my JVC HU....... that way I can control it on the HU and not have any other thngs on dash.

I also listen to music on my computer a lot so I was looking toward sirius b/c they have for a little extra per month you can get near CD quality online streaming..........

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19010
btw the xm has 3 satellites and sirius has 2. so xm cuts out less when you go through a big over pass. but since you live out in the middle of nowhere, i think its okay. lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3506
"If they could only broadcast satellite radio with good quality low compression sound......... it's a shame they runied such a good technology with compression to fit more stations :/"

Very good. Most people don't understand that is the logic behind it. XM does have a few so-called HD channels that are lightly compressed. With the cost of launching a satellite in the hundreds of millions and the demand for more and more variety of channels in the limited existing bandwidth... there will be no change in the near future. In fact, it can only get worse.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6579
Yeah if there was a sat radio service with high quality sound I'd be all over it even if it cost 2x as much as XM and Sirius..........

Hey Brad what do you think will happen if the Sirius / XM merger goes through? IDK if they will, but they would then have pretty much 2x the bandwith?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us