Need some help

Bronze Member
Username: Mike11mac11

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 92
ok i just installed my sub and amp and every thing is conected but when i went to turn it on and test it my amp turnes on but my sub didnt move. so i messed around with some wires and double checked things and still nothing. but when i moved my 12 gage on the amp to diferent spots than the manuel told me i got it to move a little. you coundnt hear barly anything but you could feel the sub moving just a little bit. what whould be the most likely thing i did wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3516
what amp? and you should be using larger wire then 12 awg. And what do you mean you moved it to a diffrent spot then manual told you? Who the heck is Maunual? I would not listen to him again, he dont know jack. Did he tell you to use 12 gage?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4440
i hope you're joking, marc. he's talking about the manual that came with the amp. as for the 12 gauge?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 778
"And what do you mean you moved it to a diffrent spot then manual told you? Who the heck is Maunual? I would not listen to him again, he dont know jack. Did he tell you to use 12 gage?"

lmao wen i read that i was on the floor crackin up.....wow...

dude u talkin about 12 gauge speaker wire? i hope ur not talkin bout 12 gauge power r ground wire.....

also y would the manual say u have to move the wires to make it work? wtf...u should have to play wit wires to mark it work....

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 779
**also y would the manual say u have to move the wires to make it work? wtf...u shouldnt have to play wit the wires to make it work....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
ok sorry i might have been a little unclear im using the sundown sae1000d and a type r duel 4. im using 4 gage wire but i meant to say like the 12 gage speeker wire that goes from the sub to the amp. i have this kit
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4
and when i said manual i ment the booklet with the instructions. the point is that i get no power or very little and dont know where to look.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 780
do u have the gain and stuff set correctly? did u check ur settings on the HU?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
i not sure if i did it right but i put the gain about half way up and the bass on the HU is around +3, volume at 20 and it barely makes any noise. idk if that is where it should be but i would think it would be able to sound a little loud at that setting.

idk any sugestions

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 527
check all your fuses? is the grownd clear of ALL paint? is there an open part on either the power or gain where it could be shorting out?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us