Changing stock speakers for civic

Username: Cooldew007

Post Number: 1
hey.. I am planning to change my stock speakers.. the head unit(honda) says its 30Wx 4.Does it mean that I cant go for speakers with more than 30W??

I am thinking to buy either of the two -- Alpine SPR-69C or Alpine SPS-69C3..wat u think is a better choice considering I dont want to change the head unit and no amp. suggestions??

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 210
check my new component isnt it wonderfull, just got it today in the mail and im going to put them on my civic. Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6549
^^^^ lol is that a ma audio

MA audio blows big time

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4311
What year honda civic do you have ?

I have a 00 civic sedan and im wondering if i can fit the Pioneer D series Rev speakers in the front door.

Here they are :

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Speakers/D-Series/ TS-D601P?tab=B

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 211
What year honda civic do you have ?

hell yeah those pioneer d series will fit in youre door panel, i have the 1996 civic hatchback .

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 212
^^^^ lol is that a ma audio

MA audio blows big time

have you try them MA AUDIO, the only reason i bought the component set is really because of the woven fiber cone, their thick and thats how i like it, it sound good though, i get great bass and tweeter are decent.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6555
What makes it ever funner his name is "Mr SQ" and he bought ma audio components haha

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 213
^^^its just a screen name for crist sake, come on now.
i wasnt aiming for a true SQ COMPONENTS, just wanted a decent sound and thats all, go ahead make fun all you want

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 160
you bought a component set because the cone was made of "thick, woven fibers"?

Post Number: 2
its 2001 civic

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4312
Tom the Alpine SPS-69C3 will sound much better off HU power but the Alpine Type R will be even nicer amped.

I whould go with the Type S speakers all the way around off the HU power since you want to keep it simple.

It will be more then enough for most and im sure you will like the sound. They sound really good off HU power.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 214
you bought a component set because the cone was made of "thick, woven fibers?

ya woven is sturdy, and pumps out enough bass, dont get me wrong, im into high end comps but now i just needed some decent, i couldnt wait any longer, because if i did, it would take a long time for me to save up for a high end, im not rich you know, i need music in my vehicle, since i have to drive 25 miles everyday to work, but

Post Number: 4
thx a lot MO

Post Number: 5
Hey .. i have a quick question... i am also lookin @ panasonic TS-A6992R( 5 way speaker).. will that sound better than alpine sps-69c3???

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 804
So if you get Speakers that need more watts then your HU can push out you dont geta good sound?? Would explain why the Infinity 6012I off m Panasonic HU pushing 25RMS x 4 sounds like theres barly and kick and if you turn them up high enough they dont sound as good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us