New CD player now my heat is messed up- Please Help

Username: Apawlow

Commerce, MI

Post Number: 1
Please help...
I went to Circuit city to have a new CD player installed. They were out of harnesses so said they would hardwire it. Besides the sort of crappy job installing I would not have said anything if it werent for my heat not working properly. Here is my problem...the heat setting I use the most which is the floor setting now barely flows out. You can hear the force coming out but it is not coming out of the floor vent. Also while on the floor setting, the heat now comes out strong on the vents that face you.

Circuit City looked at it twice since I complained and cannot find anythig wrong with it. They have been nice about it but I did not pay $200 to get an ok cd player and get my heat broken. Please offer any suggestions. I told them I would take it to the dealer to see if CC screwed anything up but CC did not offer to pay to have it fixed.

An electrical engineer aquaintence said it probably occured during the hardwiring and that I should scream at them to pay for fixing it.

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 25
Most new cars use electric controls for all the heat and A/C functions which control various servo motors which open and close flappers which direct the air where you want. They (CC) probably knocked a wire conector loose when installing the new stereo or possibly they cut a control wire.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3271
I would take it to the dealer and have them put it writing that CC screwed it up. Then I would go back to the CC and contact the manager and if the manager did nothing, I would then take it as far up the chain as possible.

Also I would post on the CC forum about your horrid experience.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=192239&plckForumPage=Forum& plckForumId=Cat%3a7f3cf7ce-fdc5-4704-ae2f-11b6448496d4Forum%3a60904204-bb5a-4fb8 -bb9a-73557e15c60c

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 841
One of my friends went to CC for an install in his Neon. After a week or so, his speakers and amp were cutting in and out. Opened up the dash and found all the wires were connected with electrical tape...CC has some of the worst installers i've ever seen.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 830
yup they just pic them outta the streets FTL!!! i would never get nething done at CC r BB....hookin up car audio is not even hard...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us