Yanks and all scion tc owners

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 748
im looking into buying one for better gas mileage than my truck. First of all wondering if you have any complaints about the car? Most importantly do you think its a good car for systems? thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8756
I like my TC. I've had a few problems with it such as my sunroof was constantly cracked so it made a loud whistle. Another one I've encountered is sometimes in morning in the cold, before it warms up, mine has issues shifting gears (its an auto). It will stay up in the 3000-3500rpms for a little bit (like under 15 seconds) and then it will shift. Other than that, I love mine. I do have to say that mine was bought used and apparently it was in an accident before we bought it that we didn't know about when we bought it but thats another story for another day. If your interested in it, I suppose I can type it out lol.

As for systems, if your looking to do a system with less than a 5cuft box, then its perfect. If you want a bigger box, then your screwed. Pretty easy to get the car loud. Some stupid little rattles here and there but nothing major.

I definitely get great gas mileage. I drive somewhere in the realm of 60-80 miles each day Mon-Thurs and another 50-75 miles total Fri-Sun and I fill up for $35 once a week. Those mileages are rough. Haven't ever sat down and paid attention closely to it lol.

Any other questions just let me know bud.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 749
doesnt sound to bad what rattles do you know? ill just hope your probs are from the accident lol sorry to hear about that though bud

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8758
Meh, it runs so I can't complain lol

The main rattles I hear are easy to take care of and would take minutes to do. Its the headliner right above my head where the sunroof controls are. There is a strip of headliner that is about 4 inches wide that sits between the 2 sunroofs and that piece has fell off its bearings many times and starts to rattle but all you have to do it push it back up. Maybe some strong velcro would keep it up permanently but I'm just too lazy. Also deaden the trunk. But thats a given to pretty much any car lol.

Good luck with the car bud. I'm sure you'll like it.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 750
thanks so much im gettin sum quotes hope it works out sad i can buy a new car cheaper than the gas for my truck

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8759
Sounds good bud. Let me know if you get it.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4648
whats your budget? if your looking for gas mileage theres tons of options out there :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7029
Get a clean CRX and go with a street A or B setup :-)

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 751
i just like the look of the tc im spending under 18k id say

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 445
i love my tc. ive had it for almost a year and a half. just put 2 jl 12 w6's in the back on an alpin pdx 1.1000. it pounds man. had a w3 in there and for one sub specially in that car it sounded great. so for a system its perfect. its a nice car also. specially for under 20. if you plan on turbocharging it and doing performance with it, its an awesome base car. 2.4 liter engine. cant beat that for a 4 banger. www.myspace.com/rustysurfer916 check mine out.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 752
looks great i actually live near you im in maitland didnt know anyone on here was near me.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4419
matt have you heard of harry's ciger and brew? i have family in oviedo.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4649
ill second the REX .. loud and great on gas.. plus only about 2,000 for a nice one..

not to mention you can make it way quicker than any tc :-) ...no car payment FTW

Gold Member

Post Number: 4424
crx is ugly as fawk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7035
"ill second the REX .. loud and great on gas.. plus only about 2,000 for a nice one..

not to mention you can make it way quicker than any tc ...no car payment FTW"

Word. If you have any issues with the car needing fixing you can just use some of that money you saved from buying a new car. You can also make them look pretty sweet. Find yourself a nice SI.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4430
rob there's a crx on CA for sale if you are still looking for one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7039
I saw it Reece, it's going for 1K but it's blowing smoke and is far away.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18926
get a toyota supra.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us