MS, Scott S, NE meet people

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 430
Hey saw you two said you could install Dwights alt in another thread and was wondering if you could install mine the 14th or 15th. I have a Ford Escape and the alt is under the car. I got quoted at $190, took the car in and the guy said I'd need to have the alt installed by the guy next door so he could leave it on the lift for him to do the Big 3. Long story short the price jumped to $280 and I've been putting it off for awhile.

I'll be at the meet (80% sure) and was wondering if anyone would be able/want to get underneath the car to do the install. I could have the wire by then and anything else you'd need for the install. Name your price.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6489
It shouldn't take long for me and Scott to do the big 3 and alt, if hes up for that..........

You need wire and terminals. I have all the nessecary tools.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6490
I'm thinking we could get it done at the meet........ see what Scott says

Also wire loom is good for big 3 wires under the hood, but not absolutely nessceary.

Gold Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey 15 inch Alph...

Post Number: 1344
lol i dont feel like installing my alt either. who lives close to me that can do mine or we can do it together because i suck ballzs (no ho mo) at mechanics

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6491
Also do you have the proper battery terminals to connect the wires to your battery.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1614
Damn I was thinking the same thing about gettin some of my work done but I rather come there ready to rock and make an entrance lol. Plus I kno most guys myself included are coming to hang out and chill not work on somebodies install. NO OFFENSE MARK.

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
Hmm... I got a Optima Yellowtop under the hood with a dist block (0 AWG in, 4 AWG x 2 or 3 out) and a Kinetik all hooked up in the back. Let me know how many terminals you'd need and how much wire loom if you're up for it.

I'm leaving late afternoon Friday and it's a 12-14 hour drive (lol) so I should be there at least 2 hours before it starts at noon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
Lol I can be there before or after Dwight. And I'm sure MS and whoever wouldn't mind some beer money lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1345
yea... im not going to the meet i just need someone to install my alt like sometime next week. if anyone near me can do it let me know if not ill try to do it myself without flucking my car up. thanks. and sorry for the thread jack mark

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
I'll let it slide this time lol...
Almost did the same to Dwight, but figured more people would see it this way.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6493
Hell, give me a 28 case of Labatt Blue and consider you stuff installed :-)

Take pics of your yellow top and post them........ I want to see what type of battrey connection we're dealing with here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1615
}I'm not getting my stuff installed mark so its all u.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6498
A pic of your alt wire connection would be good also..... it's usually just a ring terminal but just to be sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
I was saying I don't have to get it installed during the meet Dwight. Before or after is fine by me.

I'll put up the pics tomorrow after school.
I'll throw in a 12 pack of Spotted Cow and other assorted WI beers MS You'll never wanna go back to Labatt haha

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6501
Haha I'll take your word for it. I've had some microbrews that were good and others were blah.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 751
"I'm leaving late afternoon Friday and it's a 12-14 hour drive"

damn bro....thats one hell of a drive...haha...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1617
For the love of E...
Stateprop ur g@y for not coming. How bout if every1 gives u like 3 bucks for gas tht has 2 be a full tank.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

Team revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 895
3/14 would work, after work tho

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18915
"who lives close to me that can do mine or we can do it together because i suck ballzs"

rofl. sorry josh it was too funny. hahahaha.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4412
mark where you driving from? i considered making the trip if it would have been a 6 or 7 hour drive, but definately not 12-14 haha...

leinenkugels ftw, mark! its from chipewa falls, WI i think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1351
hahahaha chad lol yea that is funny... hahaha i didnt even realize it came out that way lol NO HOM-O!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4427
you say "no h*mo" after everything. its kind of annoying. why are you so worried about people thinking you're g4y? are you?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1353
im not worried about ppl thinking im gey. its just "no ho mo". i say it alot its just a phrase that me and my friends use. when u say something that sounds gey but its not meant to come out that way you say "no ho mo". Why do you care about what i say so much? and why does it annoy you? are you gey? lol should i not say it? you getting offended? haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1631
Its a habit I listen 2 a lot of dipset and weezy its n a lot of there songs. Jus picked it up

Gold Member

Post Number: 1632
O I thought u were tlkin 2 me reece. Hhaha josh u jus got smart wit the wrong person he will never stop flaming u after this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
UH OH IM GONNA GET FLAMED BY REECEEE OH NOOO. lol idc bro. its the internet haha.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1339
i got my alt installed at meineke.. $69 flat rate, took them 2 hours to complete, due to it being a bi*** to swap alts in my new civic

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
oh really? thats it? damn i thought it would be more expensive.ill prolly end up doing that then. thanks for the info mike

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1340
"oh really? thats it? damn i thought it would be more expensive.ill prolly end up doing that then. thanks for the info mike"

Yeah it was down in vineland, new jersey

Right down the street from Eagle Audio

Gold Member

Post Number: 1356
thanks man. they also have one in north plainfield,nj whish is right next to me. ill go there. thanks again

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1516
We need a central meet...

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
I'm in WI, waiting for word from my three friends on how many can go. One might have court, got clocked doin 187 on his R6 (it was either 167 or 187 lol, but I know he said he got past 190 )

lol Reece leinenkugels is my dads favorite. He'll only buy those or shity 8 oz Miller Lite lol

MS I'll take and put pics up right after I make a run to Jimmy Johns's lol I'm craving a sub.

And Snow if your reading this do you wanna ride?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 770
"One might have court, got clocked doin 187 on his R6 (it was either 167 or 187 lol, but I know he said he got past 190"

wtf......thats fukin wreckless....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4436
no, josh, im not g4y nor do i feel the need to inform everyone that im not g4y after every sentence i write, or in your case every sentence you mangle. no h*mo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1358
good reece :-)im happy for you. its a phrase and i could care less if it annoys you and ill continue to say it no matter how offended your getting. how that sound little guy?

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
They had to call off the chase when a cop car went into a ditch and hit a stop sign lol He got caught because he called the guy he bought the bike from to say he'd give him $100 if he said he didn't have the contact info for the person he sold it to. He thought they might have got the plates, they didn't but that guy turned him in. I guess like a dozen cops stormed his house the next day. He was at college, but I guess his mom was pissed, probably because she didn't even know he had the bike haha

But yea he realized how wreckless it was and sold the bike, don't think he regrets it though lol

Pictures being resized MS...

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
Here ya go MS, sorry about the quality, if ya need better let me know. If you need any other pictures let me know. I took pictures of all the wires under the hood since I don't really know what's what lol

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4442
im not offended at all, josh. keep saying it. you sound really cool and it makes people think you are a manly man who knows a lot about rap. you probably even have people thinking you're a thug. hell, if your grammar never improves people might even believe you dropped out of high school to hustle dope. right on, man. right on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
At least until me and MS work something out could people please stop post dumping. I don't really care who likes to pitch and who likes to catch... lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1360
when did i ever say i was a thug u f*cking idiot? lol. did i ever say i picked it up from rap? no i didnt. so stfu. i said its a phrase that me and my friends use. i still dont understand why it concerns you though? how i talk has nothing to do with you. i can post whatever i want and talk however i want. SO SUCK MY D*CK!!!

no ho mo :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1361
sorry mark... lol continue. im done in this thread

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
Thanks man, no hard feelings. Feel free to continue after me and MS have something worked out. *Paul's popcorn eating gif*

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6537
OK, you're going to need a way to connect 1 more 0 gauge wire to the negative, and 1 more 0 gauge wire to negative for big 3.

I recommend using battery clamps that give you posts, then you can use ring terminals on the wires...... this allows you to connect many wires to the terminal. Example:

Upload

^^^^^^^ Mine

This is not the only way to do it, but it's the best way IMO. So for a big 3 and HO alt install you need:

Wire

Ring terminals. Remember to also get ring terminals for the other wires currently connected to the battery.

Battery clamp adapters

I have Phoenix Gold TMC-24G / TMC-25G. They work well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 444
Alright thanks man I'll look up those PG adapters.
How many ring terminals would I need, does it matter I have a battery in back? Sorry if I'm not much help, I don't know much about under the hood work.

If I got adapters I could get rid of my dist block right? Don't really like the one I have now, can barely fit a wire with less than 4000 strands. That reminds me... Would I need new wire for 1500 watts, and eventually 3000 watts? My wire's kinda cheap and is most likely really 2 AWG.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6544
You would need ring terminals for every wire thats to be connected to the battery. Get a few extra.

Battery in the back is irrelevant here.

2 awg wire is fine for 1500w. For 3000w, 0 gauge.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4444
hahahaha

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
K, knew I'd needed 0AWG for 3000, was hoping I didn't have to upgrade quite yet, amp is at 2 ohms putting out 900 watts till my alt gets in so wasn't sure.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8221
3000 watts my goodness what are you putting in your car Mark

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
DD 9515d two SAZ-1500Ds
I wanna get into comps this summer. Mostly for fun and experience, but if I win any money I wouldn't mind lol
Just need the box (interchangeable), another SAZ-1500D and new wire lol
But those DIYMAs will be in for awhile

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
Hey Scott did you get my PM? Sent it last week.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 958
sure did just trying to figure out if i can find the time. so much going on right now

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
I can be there by ~10 PM WI time on Friday Scott. Let me know if you can find time, whenever that may be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us