Kick panels. sql?!?!

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 187
i am ordering my door speakers soon.
i am wanting to get the most spl out of them that i can. so i am going to take the time to make kickpanels.. but i am not sure the best place to put them. i can make room to have them on the doors or on the floor. but i have seen some that are under the front seats and i just realized at www.SteveMeadeDesigns.com he has some speakers like above the dash by the window. maybe they are 6.5s? should u put them up there?
i am thinking he prolly has a lot more than just a pair of 6.5s but its an idea...
so what it all comes down to is what is the best place to put these pups!

i am getting M6 6.5s and either silk or aluminum CDT tweeters and this is for a 2000 golf if any of that helps.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6452
High in the doors is the best place to put speakers IMO, if you have a choice........ Dash mounted sounds terriable, sound stage is way too high. In the kickpanels, it's way too low. Bottom of the doors is alright, but IMO top is better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
thats not far from were it would be stock... maybe ill just put it there

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1603
Gonna need them to keep up with that 18 you got, nice vids.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2048
You can achieve a fine stage from the kicks. It also reduces the difference between the distances so it requires less tuning to get the image centered. In the range that the mids cover, humans aren't so great at discerning the position of the speakers in regards to height. If you get your tweeters up a bit, you'll be good. Just gotta either compensate for the distances between the mids and tweeters, and your ears with processing or get them equal. Cutting between 10 and 15 kHz can bring the image up a little. While I haven't tried speakers in kicks, there is no way that as many people would have achieved good imaging if they weren't good spots as there have been. For your purposes, you could probably just seal up the doors and throw them in the stock spot.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6479
Woah thats a really high crossover point.... I don't think that would work well for most components. And mounting the tweeter far away from the mid creates a whole other set of problems........ in short, most kickpanel installs in my expierence sound like the audio is coming from the floor........

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 154
Luke will be running with a 3.7kHz crossover via 560i's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
exige is hookin me uP!

thanks govmint cheese
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us