Just installed

Silver Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 189
my sub today but it doesnt seem as loud as should be. It's a 12" Q D2 on a AQ1200D in a 2.2 cuft @ 30Hz box. With both amp gains turned all the way up you cant even here it outside the car. I tried setting the gains w/ a Dmm but couldn't get a reading higher than 4.5v w/ a 50Hz tone at 1dB, this is w/ both remote and main gain turned all the way up. The amp is rated 1200w @ 1ohm so it should be showing more than 4.5v max w/ gains all the way up. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Here is the amp.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2248
could be a sh!tty RCA. i'll be the first to say check your connections, though you probably have already.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1860
make sure u didnt turn the sub level all the way down on your headunit.plenty ppl have made that mistake

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3257
Check your subwoofer control on your H/U? We all miss little things like that once in a while.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
I'll check tommorrow on the control. would that change the voltage reading for setting the gains if thats what it is?

What you mean shitty RCA?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 710
what kinda HU do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
The HU is a DEH-P880PRS, there is no subwoofer volume control only on/off, mono/stereo, freq. cut off, slope.

What test tones does everybody use to set the gains? I know that youre supposed to use a 50Hz tone recorded at 0dB, but the one I made wont show any readings on the dmm.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 726
yea i had that same problem bud, so i just set by ear

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
exactly, I'm doing it by ear but I can turn both amps gains all the way up w/ no distortion and the sub doesnt even get loud enough to hear when standing outside the car. My batteries voltage is solid at above 14v so the amp should be producing at least 1200w. And 1200w on a ported 12" should get louder than it is. I need to figure out how to get a true reading on the dmm so I can see exactly what wattage my sub is getting then I will have a better idea of why its not getting loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
"yea i had that same problem bud, so i just set by ear"

what amp do you have, what test tone did you use.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 719
did u wire the sub up correctly to get 1ohm load?

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
yeah, its a D2 wired in parallel

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 722
hmm i still think it probably has to do with an option within the HU...

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 723
"there is no subwoofer volume control only on/off" do you have that ON?

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
yeah its on. The amp wont even turn on if thats not on. All the H/U settings are good to go.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 729
i have a memphis prd1000.1 wired to 1ohm
used a 50hz test tone @ 0db, couldnt get a reading over like 4.6 volts or so w/ gain all the way up so i started over and did it by ear. now the gain is only about a 1/4 way up

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2252
a sh!tty RCA meaning your cord from your HU to your amp may be bad. kind of not likely but it could be it

Silver Member
Username: Davidt487

Texas

Post Number: 107
i just when through this same problem mine ended up being the rca outputs on my eclipse HU went bad (first problem in years) eclipse said i can send it in for $85 and get it repaired.

the way i found out is i bought a low level converter and hooked it up to my radio and it started working finally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us