Best components for electronic and soundtrack??

Bronze Member
Username: Superrober

Post Number: 41
Hello!
I'm getting new components. I returned my MB Quarts, they sounded very dull. I had to increase bass to get them to sound better but by doing that the speakers on the back sounded awful. plus the tweeter sounded a bit muddy on some songs

Is it always the more expensive the better? My budget is between $300-$500.

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Other thing !
What factors should I consider when purchasing a set of components ? I see a lot of characteristics like butyl rubber surround, magnesium tweeter, power handling, sensitivity, freq response and more. How do I know if one is better than the other?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 148
It all depends...which Quarts did you have? For anything electronic, I always recommend a midbass driver of a typical midrange driver. Midbass is where the music focuses for the most part.

Did you find the Quart tweeter harsh on your ears, or in essence..hurting your ears at loud volumes?

Rubber surrounds are typically better than foam surrounds. For tweeters, you have to choose between a metal or a silk dome - metal is brighter, silk is softer. Higher power handling can sometimes be better, but it really just depends on the individual speaker. A higher sensitivity is better, but by no means is it imperative. Freq response for most component sets are typically in the same general area...around 60Hz up to 20kHz.

General convention says "you get what you pay for." However there are lower priced sets....say 350ish...that can outperform higher priced sets from different companies...say 500ish.

Do you have an amp already? If so, what is the exact brand and model number? If not, does your $500 budget include an amp, or just speakers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
sry edit: "For anything electronic, I always recommend a midbass driver instead of a typical midrange driver."

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 91
hmmmmm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
care to elaborate ewok?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Thanks Exige !
I already have an Alpine v12 which I Love ! I cant say the tweeters hurt at higher volumes but when hearing the cymbal on any song it didnt sound very clear.

Also if I close my eyes I can tell exactly at what distance and height the sound is located. I dont think thats ok. right?

I had the mb quart rvf series. I dont know why but my kicker components in the back sound much better, clearer, better punch and excellent bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I found out which components I have : Mb Quart rvf 216.

Also, the cymbal doesnt sound like SSSSSSSS, but more like SHHHHH. Its very distracting

Am I going crazy here ? Is it alright if I demand more?? or is this a never ending quest for something that doesnt exist . My wife says is the second.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 94
well then put the kicker comps in the front then, since they sound better you said

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1601
Firstly, it will probably be a never ending quest if you have a good deal of love for sound.

Secondly, in nice setup, rear speakers are unnecessary as they will distract from the front.

Lastly, have you tried Ewok's suggestion?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1602
Edit**

"have you tried Ewoks suggestion?"

I got apostrophe happy.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 96
LOL, seriously though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Thanks !! But I just found out I'm going to be a father! So no more ecoustics forum for me. I'll be looking in to the diapers-and-debt.forum.

Thanks to everyone willing to instruct a "noob" without expecting something in return.You guys are great !!

And to anyone who didnt care to comment: Shame on you :-(

So long !

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 99
its so weird how you are so into car audio things, and that you had lots of questions, then suddenly you saying no more forum for you, because you gonna be a father, men having a baby shouldnt stop you from car audio stuff. so after all the help we did.was useless to you. thats dumb

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
first of all, congratulations roberto!

secondly...ewok...do you know how much having a baby can throw someone into trouble financially? the average child costs a family more than $250,000 over 18 years. that's basically a guaranteed $14,000 increase in expenses for each year at a time when income does not rise unless you're given a wage. so not only does a family have to deal with the fiscal responsibility of having a child, but they then have to deal with the price of healthcare that accompanies a childbirth....also a ridiculously high amount in today's day and age. ewok...how old are you dude?...criticizing someone for having a child and realizing what's most important in their life fiscally?

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
*given a raise, not given a wage.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 102
hey i have a daugther already and shes 13, and im proud that i am able to support my child without having any financial problem, my point is if you have a little extra money for yourself then go get a set of components, it doesnt have to be top of the line, get what you can afford
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us