Headrest monitor install

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2232
So I am installing the headrest monitors and here are some pics
2 Icon MT-743's
Upload
First you cut and X in your headrest monitors where you want the monitor to go. If you arent confident in yourself, don't try this. Its kinda nerve racking. Im glad I didnt fucc up on this one but I have one more to go.
Upload
Then dig out the foamI cut off the end of the X's to make some space behind the monitor on the inside to recess the monitor.
Upload
Here it is
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4375
damn man... looks clean... what are you using for your external dvd source?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 738
good job looks great

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2233
thanks guys. Im using my IVA-W200 to play the DVDs. The only thing is one of the monitors didnt come with the trim ring which is also the thing that holds it in place so I will have to figure out a way to do that.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18860
nice man. looking good andrew. i am getting jealous over here. lol.

you got some headrest cutting skills.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 689
damn that looks good bro...i would b scared as sh!t to cut thru my headrest...lol...where r u goin to run the wires thru? ur seat? u got me thinkin bout it now cuz i alreadi have an indash up front.

i was thinkin about getting these with just the mounting brackets so if i ever get a new car i can just take the monitors with me. Also i was going to make it look better by gettin seat covers with seperate headrest covers n cut out the square out of them and cover up the monitors like that. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D250213677998&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Gold Member

Post Number: 4376
pyramid ftl. also non installed monitors ftl.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1506
that looks good. props ANdrew

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3506
Nice job. Man that bumper sticker biz pays nice.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2235
Thanks guys.

Yeah I agree w/ ya reece. I hate headrest monitors that arent in the headrest unless youve got em for kids or something.

My girl bought me the monitors b/c she knows Ive always wanted them and I found a deal WAY to good to pass up but Im out of a job.

Ive got the second one cut out now but Im tryin to figure out how Im going to get them to stay in the headrest. I should be finished tomorrow afternoon and Ill post some pics.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 971
what about making a mounting bracket on the back of the unit , open the unit up pull the back plate off make some holes in the back plate drop a screw through the hole facing out and make it meet up with something inside the head rest. or do i the ghetto way, make a hole in the units back zip tie it to the metal bar in the headrest. as u pull tight it pulls the unit in then snip it when it's close tuck the excess behind the moniter. or lastly hit ebay for trim rings and do it right.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2238
well the front screws to the back of the unit from the backside so I can't take it apart and put it back together. Im still trying to figure it out. Ebay doesn't have the mounting brackets so I think I will have to rig something up. Either way it WILL be clean. That I am certain of.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 973
what about calling the company?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2670
damn looks sick, wish i had the balls enough to do that...but i dont :-(

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1473
Hold them in the headrests using some good velcro and call it a day. It will work flawlessly.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2240
damn nick. I feel retarded. Haha. Ill go pick some up this afternoon.

The install will take another day b/c it is raining hard here and I dont wanna work on it while it is raining. As long as it doesnt rain, they will be in tomorrow

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2241
I'm A dumbazz. Im going to put the monitors in, in my garage. haha. Here are the pics of the progress so far.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 721
damn that looks good bro, where r u goin to run the wires through the seats?

Silver Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 196
looks clean mang

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2242
yeah, the wires will be ran through the seats. righ now they are just behind them though. I will post finished pics when I get back to the computer. I love it.
It looks sweet.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2243
Here it is guys

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 737
nice man...sickass headrest monitors FTMFW!! lol

...rainy day FTMFL!!!

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 842
Capps you're the one with the Frontier aren't you? is it extended cab or crew cab? i can't remember. cause my dad used to have an extended cab truck.. and there was barely room to sit let alone watch movies. yours might be bigger though. sweet install too man, looks great. also, making people jealous when they can watch your movies from behind you ftw! haha.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 843
ah, i didn't see the new pictures before i posted. looks sick man.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 738
is that will ferrell i see in elf??? lol

will ferrell FTW!!...if it is in fact him

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 726
that looks hot bro...what kinda indash player do u have? ur watchin elf? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4403
pics dont work for me... :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 4404
nvm they do now! how much did those run you if you dont mind me asking?

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 728
one of those monitors he bought off cody scott on here for like 50 r sumin i think and the other he got off ebay....

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/445526.html

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2244
Yeah, it is extended cab and no, no one can sit in the back b/c my sub box takes up the back. I have them mainly b/c I have only seen one decent car with headrest monitors around here and I wanted to be different. Plus it is cool watchnig people behind you try and figure out what you are watching. Haha. When the insurance company pays me for a guy rear ending me Im getting my 6.5" rearview mirror monitor going again. Then come monitors in the visors (waitin for a job before I do that).

Yeah, Im watching elf. I have a million DVDs in my car and I just grabbed one. Will Ferrell is great. Im going to see semi-pro on saturday. Haha.

State, Im using a IVA-W200. Im about to put my PS2 back in the truck so I can run the TVs for the people behind me and still listen to a CD or play the DVD on all 3.

I got them for $86.99 shipped. I got the one from Cody for $50 and another off ebay for $36.99

Here is how I held them in
Upload
Upload
I ended up having to put zip ties around the velcro on the headrest because it wasnt sticking to the padding in the headrest but it looks perfect when they are put in. Im really happy they are in and relieved I didnt fug up a headrest.

That was a long post...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1509
Where did u get that sticker Andrew?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2248
The AA one? I had it custom made. I have more left if you want one

Gold Member

Post Number: 1510
No its just weird cuz I had someone make me those exact stickers....

lmao

and yea the AA one.

Upload

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 750
o aight thats cool. yea hook a ps2 make em jealous haha..hopefully no one trys to jack u...i hate the haters when you have good sh!t.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2252
Sweet. Where did you get yours at drizzle? I thought I was original :-( haha

And yeah, I dont wanna get jacked but if I do, I'm not sweatin it. I get paid full retail price for what got stolen and if what got stolen is discontinued, I get full retail price for what took its place. The monitors would MAKE me $1711.1... I kid you not http://www.icontv.com/catalog/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=13

When my audiobahn subs, logic amp and alpine HU were stolen, I got enough money to buy 2 15" arsenals, brand new alpine HU, Autotek MM2000.1, 2 sets of alpine type r compnoents and an amp for them plus all new wiring. My insurance company treats me good

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 761
damn thats sweet what kinda insurance company do u have ? lol

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2254
state farm... hey I never realized you could say damn up here. haha

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 765
u cant...only i can. haha damn

Gold Member

Post Number: 1511
I got mine from a guy over @ ca.com

His name was like SPL140.2?

It was a while ago so i dont remember the name exactly. But i Also got a big decal for my back window. The AA logo is secks c.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 769
looks good

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2256
Yeah it is drizz. People always ask me why I have a bat on my truck though. Its pretty funny.

Thanks Q.

The only thing about having them is Im scared that when I tint my windows like I want (5 percent over stock 20ish percent), you want be able to see them... I might have to go 20 over factory. We will see

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1580
I have a trick for you guys doing headrest installs.

I've done about 100 pairs, now i just install pre-made ones but back in the day.....

I would cut just as you did, looks perfect. At this point I would cut out 4 little chucks of foam under each of the 4 corners of the metal rod, where the tv will be.

Now I take the clamshell and drill 2 holes in each of the 4 corners. Then run a zip tie (4 zip ties total) through each pair of holes.

Now you can route the tie down and under the rod on each corner and as you tighten them it will draw the clamshell in towards the foam.

By doing this you have secured the tv's from falling out.
The last step is pushing the cable down through the bottom and snapping the tv into the clamshell.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2257
Yeah I had thought about doing something along those lines zac, but if I ever decide to sell the truck, it would be hard to get them back out. I just figured that this would work fine and so far it has. If they fall out onn me, then I will do something like that. Thanks though.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1582
?Hard to get them back out?

I'll post pics....

Gold Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey 15 inch Alph...

Post Number: 1359
looks good capps

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8769
Nice Capps

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2258
do it zac b/c the way I think you are talking about, I think it would be hard to get back out. If not, I will be pulling them out and putting the zip ties in. The velcro holds fine but I would feel a lot more comoratble w/ zip ties

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 380
How much were the monitors??? install looks nice! What year ex-cab? I made brackets and custom box for 90's model! got 3.4cuft out of under seat. but that was downfire with 2 12" if you did them facing front you could get more cuft. .there was .67 in the side compartments area after 3/4 MDF and fiberglass/resin then finished it by surrounding it and filling any air pockets with foam.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2267
That looks nice man. You do great work. They were $86.99 shipped so I got them at a good price. Its a 2002 so I dont have a back seat like that, mine are jumper seats. My box is 2.633^3 ft with the sub inverted to save space
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 383
You got alot of room back there! you could build in a bench seat, I did it to a truck a couple years ago! It works out awesome! and gets your rear seat back!

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2271
Haha, a lot of room...? Ever seen the back of one? Even gavin agrees that there is NO ROOM. The reason I wasnt worried about taking up the seats in the back is, no one would ride back there because there was no room. Even my girlfriend, 5'5" tall and 105lbs, was squished. I wish I had room.

I think that box is 15" deep and the seat touches it when I sit like normal.

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 384
I'll have to find the pictures! It work out really cool! What I'm talking about! Even just to mold your box into your interior would be good!

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2278
yeah, youre gonna have to find a pic because I honestly dont see how I could put something like that in the back of it. Pic would be great. Thanks man?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us