Forward firing box

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 731
i need a forward firing box in my accord.... i've tried but it always seem to sound better when it faces back... what do i gotta do so it sounds better forward?? bigger box? smaller box? big/smaller port?... tunned higher/lower??... what it is???... heres what i'm workin with Two Tens<br><embed></embed><br>Add to My Profile | More Videos

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18817
you gotta seal around the box so no bass waves go back in to the trunk. you will notice a big difference when you do that.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 732
oooohh..... just though it makes a little diference so i was thinkin how ever it sounds like that its only gunna do a lil bit better sealed off... so you think that box is good enough to seal off into the cab?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18823
what box? can you repost the link to the vid?

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 733
Two Tens<br><embed></embed><br>Add to My Profile | More Videos

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18826
nice vid.

dude you got shitload of space between the box and the entrance to the trunk. you need to seal that. trust me once you seal that, you will notice a big difference.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 734
thanks man i'll give it a try.. can i just use weather stipping or wat

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18830
you can use whatever is convenient for you. just seal it. NOW!!! lol.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 735
lol.. idk if i can do it now i gotta rebuild the box now... and it just started snowin...dam i thought the snow was all gone.. that why i put my rim back on

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18831
yeah i heard colorado got hit with some snow last week. it delayed some shipping with ups.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 736
ya its a bitchh to live here.. i miss phx except i never heard of any comps down there and they're always in denver..

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1293
i used to use a forward firing box and for me it didnt get noticeably louder when i sealed it off but it did get louder when i faced them back. so my new box faces back and its great. im gonna try facing it forward just to see how it does but im sure it wont sound better.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18863
i always like my box firing back. but since D wants to fire them forward, he needs to seal it. you have to do a good job of sealing it though.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1295
i used expanding foam and carpet padding gaskets to seal it, if there even were any leaks they were pin hole sizes at most. was a total b1tch to get off when i removed the box.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3308
yo .d. I have to go to trinidad quite often. (following those pioneer drilling rigs) but you should hit me up sometime. there is going to be a usaci event in april here. its like a 6 hr drive over wolfcreek pass. 1-505-592-5404 txt me or call man. p.s. listen to chad he knows what he's talking about. =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us