DIYMA recone

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 413
OK I've never reconed a sub before so I have a few questions.

First off I'm getting two of these subs (already have one thanks to sean) and at first I'll have 450 watts available to each. I heard that's about all they can take before it rips itself apart. Anyways later I'll have 1500 watts availalbe to each, I'll only give them 900 each though. I know they will most likely fail, I want that to happen. I wanna recone this sub really bad lol

I could recone this sub with DVCs right? It's SVC, but it has two additional holes in the basket, across from the terminals already in, for terminals so I'm assuming I could make it DVC? Would I need to buy terminals or do recone kits come with those?
I wanted to recone this sub with a SSA ICON. A DICON would be badazz IMO.
Any other suggestions on what to recone them with?

Thanks for the help guys.

PS When I say terminals I mean the place where you connect the + and - wire to the sub, not sure if terminal is the right word for that...

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18850
have you tried contacting the company?

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
Lol no. If I recone these it won't be for like 4-6 months, so I'm just wondering out loud here...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18851
well later if you can't find anyone that can recone those, then you can always contact atomic. they can recone anything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
Alright thanks for the help Chad.
Do you know if it's possible to recone a SVC to a DVC? And I want to recone these myself, for the experience, but Atomic would always be a good last option lol.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18857
i guess its possible. you just have to find a place for the other set of terminals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Yea there's holes on the basket for them. Looks like DIYMA wanted its sub to be reconed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us