T JL audio db?

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 436
hey for all yall that have a JL audio system in your car. whats your set up? what car do you have? and what db are yall hittin. i just put 2 12 w6's in the back of my scion tc on an alpine pdx 1.1000 and that sh,it POUNDS. my roof flexes at least an inch if not more. just wondering around what db im hittin. the car rattles so much i cant feel how the clutch is lettin out or how much gas im even giving the car.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4361
if you are rattling that much you might want to consider some sound deadener. also post some vids of you one plus inch of roof flex... i'd be interested to see it.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 734
i hate to say it since i think im gonna buy one but scion uses really cheap/thin metal on their cars from what i hear from my bodyshop buddy so i can almost believe it

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 437
i plan on gettin a video of it once the subs are fully broken in and i carpet the box. the box is pretty big so it hits really low and loud but im thinkin bout building another one to hit all around better cleaner and louder. oh yeah sealed box too. anyone know what db im hittin? or there hittin with there JL system?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 438
yeah well i would beleve it too if my roof was made out of metal lol. the tc's roof is all glass.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4364
there's no way to tell what you are hitting unless you get metered on a termlab.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 439
yeah thats why im asking here. figured someone here would be metered with something. lol. dont wanna spend money on a meter. where could i go beides a comp. to find a meter to use?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1497
call around your local car audio shops and ask "do you have a termlab or termpro meter?"

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8728
No one knows how many DBs you are hitting. Get some videos up of it cause I want to see the 1 inch roof flex on this tc. I don't have that much flex on my tc.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 678
x2

"if you are rattling that much you might want to consider some sound deadener. also post some vids of your one plus inch of roof flex... "

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18829
i used to have a single 12w6v2 with 300wrms in my car before, the thing sounds clean. mad props on a nice sq setup.

now go get it metered for these haters. lol

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 440
haha thanks. been waiting a year for this setup. im just gonna get some video for now just to show yall the setup. not carpeted or anything yet. and as for the roof flex im guessing bout an inch. half inch up and half inch down. havent got out a ruler and tried to measure or anything lol. but my mom came out and yelled at me to clean the mess up in the laundry room cuz i rattled most of the stuff off the shelf haha. but yeah ill get video sometime this week. i dont have a digital camera so i gotta find a buddy with one.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18858
nice. we will look forward to the vid of your jl's.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 441
hey just wondering all my power supplys are stock. i have the 1000 watt amp. my lights dim like a mofo. but most importantly, after its been pounding for bout a minute if that, it seems like its not hitting as hard. is that normal for my power setup? if so how do i fix it?

my boys comming tomorrow so i should beable to get a video thursday
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us