Suggestion on Amp + 2 Subs please.

Username: Ochoco

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased an '08 Silverado Crewcab and picked up a subthump box for under the rear seats. The box is set for two tens with 6.5" Mounting Depth and .60 air space each.

With the multitude of options out there and me having no clue anymore in this area I figured I might be able to get some advice here. I don't want to spend a ton of money as I already did that on the truck. Just some ideas from people who know would be great.

Thanks.

Post Number: 3
Forgot to add, the box is sealed. Small space and all...

http://www.subthump.com/crb07.htm

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6428
Nice truck dude. I want one of those so much but can't afford it....... my 14 year old Chevy truck is still going great with 173k miles.

Now, theres quite a few subs that would work good in that box but we need to know budget......

Post Number: 4
Thanks, it's my first Diesel. Loving it so far.

Budget wise I'd say <1000. Would like to stay as low as possible of course.

Thanks for the reply

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6432
Thats a pretty good budget for subs and amp. For use with that box I would recommend:

Audioque 1200d amp. Best amp you will find for the price.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

Ascendant Audio Aresnal subs

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=163

Wiring will be $50 or so. That makes your total ~$650

Post Number: 5
That amp looks great for the price. Thanks for the link. I couldn't find much information on the speakers you linked. I assume they are decent or you wouldn't have linked them. Any personal experience with them?

I was looking at the AudioQ SD2.510-D4 as well. Though I'm not sure if they would work well in a sealed box with the air space I have available.

Thanks again for the information.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1585
I have read nothing but great reviews on the Arsenals. If you go to the SSA forum they will have more knowledge of them over there.

The AQ amp is a keeper, great amp, great price.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6436
Not many people have first hand expierence with the new AA stuff since all their new speakers are, well new. But everyone one who has tried them says they're great.

About the AQ subs, they are not designed for use in sealed boxes.

Post Number: 8
Thanks again M.S.. Ordered the amp and the speakers.

I am just adding these to my stock system for now. My stock Head Unit is a Nav system with sattelite and such and I love the stock look, so I don't plan on changing that. Maybe the Bose speakers and amp at a later time though. With this in mind, do I need to put some kind of crossover into this or...?

Thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Amp and subs arrived. Just need a confirmation on wiring so I don't screw something up. I'm assuming I need to wire it like http://images.cardomain.net/sites/sounddomain/shop/woofer_wizard/2_4ohm_dvc.gif
Option 1. Is this correct?

The speakers are rated at 500 each, the amp can push more than 1200 mono. Do I need to be careful here or will it be fine?

Lastly, do I need any sort of crossover to go in with this or ?

Thank you for your time.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6634
Your welcome......

Yes option 1.

The amp will have the crossover built in, it's usually labeld "LPF" or "frequencey".

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 477
nice set up for $650, i havent seen that amp before, but 1200 watts for 250 new, cant beet that, maybe ill replace my PG sub amp... any1 want to but a PG zx500? lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
The subthump box I purchased is a great looking box too, and it fits great in my Silverado. Though, I guess the Arsenal 10"D4's are a bit larger in diameter than a standard 10"? I say that because they don't fit in the sub box, whose holes measure approx. 9 3/16".

Gonna have to enlarge the holes some.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6648
There is no standard every sub is different.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7145
A router with a good bit will make quick work of those mount holes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us