New Component Sets

Username: Alex_filho

Post Number: 3
I'm looking forward to buy a new set of components, what do you have to say about the following:

- Boston Acoustics SPZ60
- Focal 165K2P
- Morel Hybrid Ovation 6,5"
- Polk Audio SR6500 (again)
- MB Quart Q216 (although I don't think I'd buy them)

Thanks in advance...

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 86
go for the focal 165 or boston acous

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 143
argggghhhh ewok. you haven't even heard the other stuff and you immediately throw it out of consideration, AGAIN. cmon man. christ.

if you want to say you've heard the BA's or the Focal's and you like em, but you haven't heard the other ones, then that's fine.....but for the love of god....stop immediately throwing the others out of contention right from the start. something even tells me that YOU, ewok, would love the Quarts by judging your ears.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 88
ya iv heard the BA's and focals, and have no idea about the other three brand, MB Quart suck like hell, no body likes them here where im from,

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 146
you're still missing the point. you knock the other speakers out of contention right from the start....even though you have NO clue what they sound like.

make a new rule for yourself, and repeat after me: "I will mention that I like BA/Focal because I've heard and enjoyed them...I will not discredit other speakers that I've never heard simply because I've never heard them."

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1583
Amen brother.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1616
I would personally get the Morel Hybrid if you can and the Polk SR series is quite nice and overall performance of both those sets are great. Very good clarity, good midbass depth, and overall a rich SQ. None of the sets you mentioned really have to many faults so in personal preference is where you'll have to make your decision or price and availability.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 92
alteraudio,i was trying to help, so you can save money and yet still have a nice set of comps like the focal or boston, but i guess you have enough money, and i see that your choice is the morel, ok i cant really say anything negative about that comp, well this is what exige audio would love to hear from me, is that yes i havent heard how the morel sounds like, happy now

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1592
Yes actually, thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Yngve

Ksund, More og Romsdal Norway

Post Number: 12
Ewok, Mb quart are good SQ speakers, i can not beive that all the pepole at your place hate them.
And the rest of the componentsets mentioned are also nice sets.
I like Seas Lotus Performance a lot. Nice klean crisp sound,good dynamic.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19463
if the Focal 165K2P are anything like the utopias then they are exellent choice. before i decided to go with the dls, my choice was going to be the ba.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us