I need an amp to go with 2 Polk SR124s

Bronze Member
Username: Hddvd

Post Number: 23
I am getting 2 polk SR124s and i need an amp to go with them. Right now i dont have anything in mind. If you guys can find something that is sold at bestbuy that would be great since i can get a discount there. Also, i can go with the DVC of the same subs if you think i can get a cheaper amp for the subs. The price range im looking at is about $200-250. Thanks for any help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Or if you guys think i can get something a lot better for the price i am paying for the 2 subs ($250 each) please feel free to let me know what.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13926
what amps do they sell at bust buy?? I havent been there in years

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8123
"Or if you guys think i can get something a lot better for the price i am paying for the 2 subs ($250 each) please feel free to let me know what."

250 each wow...im pretty sure they will find you better

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1564
Wow don't get those polks since you get a discount at best buy get 2 12" alpine type r's and an alpine pdx amp if they have pdx. Get a 1000 watt amp I know they have rockford amps so get the rockford amp if they don't have the pdx series there.
Alpine r> polk sr

But if I were u I would order something of much better qaulity and loudness for 250 a sub. Would u be willing to do that or u stickin wit best buy bcuz I can sugesst a system better than both of those for the amount ur paying.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3488
Dwight, how exactly do you know that quote "Alpine r> polk sr"? Quit guessing and/or talking in hearsay. I have never A-B'd the two but from my experiences with multiple type r's and hearing the SR's twice, I would say that it would be a close race. The SR's would take SQ and the Type R's probably get a little louder. The Polk SR series is one of the best SQ subs I have ever heard and it gets pretty loud too. Polk put alot of time and their very best engineers into the SR project. It is a very good alternative to the Infinity Kappa Perfect and Alpine Type R, and it is also a unique choice, which should count for something. And even thought the prices are semi-ridiculous, the SR comps that I heard were super clean and dynamic. I could tell right away when I heard these products that Polk wasn't planning this line to be a "cut-corners for profit" line.

And another thing is that the OP never said what he or she wanted from a system. We can assume, as alot of you love to do, that by the original choice that they are looking for SQ, but who knows... alot of people that are new to car audio want something loud but kinda clean too. The price of $250 after discount is the same price that Sonic Electronix and others are offering right now, which just goes to show how much BB jacks their prices up. If you are already are set on spening around $250 each (+ ship and taxes etc.) I would go with a couple Fi Q 12's. They will be your best bet overall. But people, don't doubt the Polk SR's, or anything else for that matter, until you have actually heard them in a suitable installation.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
Brad I'm so sick of every1 around here ASSUMING what I kno and don't kno. I have heard multiple polk audio subwoofers b4 I listened to a bunch of them @ our "high end" car shop here when I was buying subs b4 and my friend had 2 12" type r's b4 he upgraded to the SE's so be quiet and stop downing me jus bcuz I haven't been around as long as u. Why do u guys tlk some much crap damn. We are all sposed 2 be memebers of this forum a family if u wud say. . Not this person is a noob or this person setup is better. Damn

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
sorry i forgot to mention, i am looking for some subs for SQL. Im not looking to break any records so im not looking for something extremely loud. Im more towards the SQ side of things.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
also JayZ4Prez, if you know of a better setup for a better price please let me know. thanks for everyones input so far.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I can get the Alpine MRP-M1000 for $190. Here is the link for it: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uX9fe1dMn4z/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=500MRPM500

I can also get the MRP-M500 for $100. Here is the link for that: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uX9fe1dMn4z/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=500MRPM500

Gold Member

Post Number: 1580
If I were u I would go with 2 12" RE SE off ebay you can get 2 off ebay for 325 shipped.
I love the SQ and loud output too I always reccomend them for ppl who want sql.

Or chad lee says the RD audio alphas have great SQ with very loud output. You could do maybe 1 15" or 2 12" don't know the price of them but check out www.low-hz.com and call kevin holden he is a great guy and gives great discounts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1581
IMO I would get the 2 12" RE SE off of ebay for 325.
And get an audioque 1200 watt amp for - 249. Tht would be an awesome setup I'm sure u prolly never heard of these brands but trust me they r good and better than anything @ best buy.
Www. Audioque.com for the amp 1200 watts for 249
And ebay for the SE's

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 834
i would stick with the sr. that is a good price for those. i have never heard one but i have always wanted to. there are not alot of people with those subs so get them and give us a review :-)

as for the amp, check out the elemental designs nine.1
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=372

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4348
yeah i heard a couple of 12 inch srs and they sounded really nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us