Type - r seems to loose?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 951
idk if it's me but for somew reason around 3 months ago it seemed like my r slowly changed the sound. it seems like it's to loose like the bass is more of a rumble then a solid punch. it still gets very loud so i kind of doubt it's blown. it hits kind of sloppy though. like on a druum kick i get a rumbbling dune dune rather then a nice clean hit. i got it in a custom ported on a hifonics 1606 d amp at 2 ohms, stock electrical.

is this normal or is something up? do u think my box is leaking air causeing it? i haave warrenty's on all so if it's blown no bigge i'll replace it and put it on 600 rms infinity amp instead but evrythings set correctly gain wise. idk it just seems loose and not to crisp i also noticed a tiny bit of bass loss but not much.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18764
first thing that came to mind is your box. it might have come lose somewhere. take the box out and examine it. if the box is fine then use that warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1029
Why put a different amp on it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 952
cause it's seeing 1000 rms or so mister hifonics says but i have a odd feeling maybe the amps clipping due to low voltage even though i tuned it cause oddly enough. the sub bumped harder on my infinity 600 rms amp so reason i'd kick it back to that amp is one it's less rms or so it claims and 2 it's just a safer rms in case the woofer is hitting on 1000 rms. my box i had a ton of trouble with glue when building it. so i think it could be a major cause. worst case ill just have to build a new one.

Username: Turdy

Post Number: 1
i saw a type r about a month ago that the magnet was loose from the basket that sounded like you describe. can you warranty the sub and get something else?imo the alpine sub build quality has went down in the last year or so to the point the shop i deal with has stopped trying to sell them and only do so when the cust. request them.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 905
nice name

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14147
Lol. I didn't wanna be the first to say that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 953
i'll leave it as TT but sadly no, the alpine type r was at the mid level where i turned in all my old infinity stuff and got the R from best buy. the only thing i could do is get store credit. so for now stuck with it. only thing i can do is go from a 12 to a 10' other wise it's punch and freakin diyma or some other crap, so wher i'm at i rather pretty much just get another type - r i mean i had the sub prob near 7 months and i cranked it a few time but nothing near clipping. once my volume loss started that's when i just started turning it up but even then that's only equal to when the thing was bumping at it's hardest. what sucks is it's like 25 or less degree's out here in jersey so i prob won't be able to touch anything for a month or so. i might pull it out and have a look though. something that always bothered me. before i even got the sub a month the voice coil had a dark blueish orange look to it only after a week on 600 rms at very low volume. " i was breaking it in" "noob at the time" so something always made me wonder just how well it would be and last. i'm gonna try and pull it the next warm day and take a look at things, the loose magnet makes me think there could be truth with that.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3487
Sounds to me like a spider issue.

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 355
you could be cooking the tinsel leads from clipping, which will change ohm load.

Silver Member

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 958
hmm idk i don't run the system hard enough to clip spyder thing is a good point brad.

Silver Member

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 965
welli didn't pull my woofer out yet but i sealed the inside of my trunk with some foam sealent today cause i don't have the money for deadener atm so i filled the gap in between my trunk supports and the foam wasstill setting but the problem seemed to stop the woofer sounded tighter oddy enough, idk but when it gets warmer i'll put it through it's paces. maybe before i take it in for warrenty i'll do asweep and video it seeing as how i been afraid to try it cause i didn't want to hurt anything but if it's on it's way out i'll push it like i wanted to but without fear since i'll swap it out anyway. but no before u get on my i won't delibertly blow it. also ui pushed on the cone a few times and the woofers silent, no smell or anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us