OT: Lost on Rims....

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 483
ok in like 2 months or as soon as i sell my cougar, i'm supposed to be buyin my grandmas 2003 buick century for $4000 (car has like 16000 miles on it, pratically brand new), and i was going to to put some rims on it, i was looking at this set of 22's, regardless of wha tpeople say, i love the spoke rims, so i was lookin on ebay and i can get a set of 22's, for $400 (i asked the seller if i coudl pick them up cuz it'd be like a 3 hour drive, but worth not paying $200 to ship), would 22's be able to fit on this car or woudl they be too big, should i just settle for 20's?, here is a link to the rims http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/22-INCH-CHROME-SPOKE-LOWRIDER-WIRE-RIMS-WHEELS-22 -150_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43960QQihZ014QQitemZ330213468390QQrdZ1QQsspagena meZWDVW

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1038
yea man they should fit...but ya gotta ride skinnies

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 646
also dont forget to upgrade to big azz brake kit. cuz those are gonna eat ur brakes like no other.

Gold Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1039
^ i've had 20's, 22's and 24's and have never had to upgrade my brakes and never had any problems and these rims vary on several different rides........but i do always use the "metallic graphite ceramic brake pads" that come with the lifetime warranty from autozone there a little more expensive but they got a lifetime warranty so it's cool.....

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2215
I use the same brakes noel and they are pretty sweet. no brake dust FTW!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6429
Yeah, but what you guys not not realize is those metallic brakes destroy your rotors, which cost a lot more to replace than the brakes.

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 486
so i've never really looked at atires....when u say skinnies u talkin bout like the skinniest tires i could possible get??? where do u guys buy ur tires at, i know like sears n all the car places sell em eround here, but would they have these skinny ones your talkin bout??

Gold Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1044
^m.s I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ROTOR PROBLEMS from riding my metalic brakes....EVER!! i have heard that before but they have never ate my rotors and i do alot of driving (stop and go) and i tend to drive pretty dauym fast so i use my brakes quite a bit and get them pretty hot and still yet no problems......

marcus- yea i mean some really low profile or short sidewall tires (however you want to put it) i just go to a rim shop that's about 35 minutes from my house and get tires from there...shipping on ebay usually is killer..unless you find a realy good deal..remember the lower pro tire you get the higher the price on them is...so be prepared to pay some good money

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 668
yep riding blades is expensive...im doing
225/40/18 chrome and cheapest tire i found was like 95 dollars that was a good price i found on the internet too.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6434
It happens over time..... you prob. haven't had them long enough

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 895
"Yeah, but what you guys not not realize is those metallic brakes destroy your rotors, which cost a lot more to replace than the brakes."

The cost of a new rim will make up for it.

Rims don't like brake dust.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1595
Man u could porlly squeeze 22's under their but a suspension upgrade would be reccomended and ur going to shorten the life of ur transmission greatly with all the extra weight. Ikno a lil bit about rims hang out n the local rim shop round here a lot. Cool guys there

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7012
You guys have to keep in mind that the larger wheels also can cause faster wear on your suspension as well but...if you can afford these big azz wheels I'm sure you can afford to fix your suspension when it needs it.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18815
put some 22's on that car. it will look insane.

one of my neighbor has a caprice. in calie caprice was used alot in police cars. he got one cheap used. it was a former police car. anyways he put 22's on that ride and it looks awesome.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 680
sum pics of an 99 n 03 on 22's
the one dude had 245/30/22 tires.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 487
yeah that car looks bada$$, i don't knwo it seems that 22's might be a little expensive with the suspension and everything, i may just stick with 20's, but then agian i might hit up the 22's, as for the brakes you guys were talking about, what exactly woudl i have to do for that, just buy a new brake kit and stuff from autozone and just put em on??, i really can't wait for the summer and all this snow ot be done with

Gold Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1045
m.s. i had them plenty long man dont adn still never had any problems.....yea i had to replace my tierod ends after a while but they was only like 30 bucks each...it's the cost you pay when ya wanna make ur sh!t clean....it's just money, people spend it everyday
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us