Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 385
Got it today.
Looks great:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Two of these will be replacing my Fi Q in a few months. Still need to get the second one so if anyone sees one for sale let me know

It was packaged really well BTW.
Hope you like the amp Scott.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1473
sexy. unique sub.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8097
you are very welcome Mark ...Ill let you know if I find another diyma 12 for you

ps...Thank you for the alpine amp everything looked fine...it was a pleasure doing business with you

Gold Member

Post Number: 8098
heres one if you must have one new... from the maker of the sub he's who I bought yours from but the price for them seems to have gone up...I paid 105 including shipping for it from him off of ebay and mine was brand new...ill see if I can find any more

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diyma-Sound-Quality-Small-Box-Subwoofer-12_W0QQitemZ20020153 9057QQihZ010QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 8099
brand new

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12876

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 600
that subs azz looks unique with how the magnets is. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8100
I hope that copper look on the magnet where its supposed to be all chrome is a reflection because as I said before the sub was in mint shape when I sent it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13205
WOW !

thats truly a VERY unique magnet structure - its 1 fancy shaped piece stacked in 4 layers right ?

....shweeeeeeeeeet ! ....

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 265
Why are you replacing your Q? just curious

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2554
I wouldn't shake that Q if I were you. No comparison. I know from experience that the DIYMA hates 400w and up...the cone is very weak. If you push the sub, it is going to tear and then shred.

Basically, the motor is way overpowered for the cone. That 24mm xmax will never be achieved bc first the sub starts to pop and then...well, I wouldn't shake the Q is all I'm saying. It's really a good sq sub at low volumes. Sounds really warm and "soothing", if you will, but the Q is a much more capable sub all around.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14051
I'm curious as to the magnet's design. What gain was achieved with it? Overall weight?

Very different indeed.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13211
^^^hey its good to see a knowledgeble guy like u back on ecoustics ....

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2555
To my knowledge, the multiple magnet design was first incorporated in Focal subs. They supposedly provide lower tolerances and better heat dissipation than a single clumsy magnet would. You can think of it as a more "refined and exact" design. I really wonder what a recone from another manufacturer might do for the DIYMA. It's a beast as far as weight goes.

Peace, Rovin. Working hard, man. Truck got totaled, so I'm transferring most of the goods into my new Maxima. Hard finding the time, but I'll try and post some pics when it's done (suppose I have to start first). Of course, I'm a stealth kinda guy, so it won't be anything too flashy

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18684
sup mike. good to see you.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13212
guy used on here often - school teacher with some good junk in the trunk .....

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13213
guy used to be on here often - school teacher with some good junk in the trunk ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
"hope that copper look on the magnet where its supposed to be all chrome is a reflection because as I said before the sub was in mint shape when I sent it"

Nope just a reflection, looks new.

The reason I'm replacing the Q is because I'm getting another SAZ-1500D to power the DD 9515, I need a 2 ohm total load for 2 of these subs, I'm putting in this summer and I wanna hear a sub that was made for sealed.

Sean do you think the DIYMA would get hard to find/ more expensive in 2-3 months. That's when this setup is going in and I don't really wanna buy another until I need to. But it seems this sub is getting harder to find, wasn't on DIY and eBay doesn't always have one for sale.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8106
well just to throw my 2 cents in... yes I have read about some of the diyma subs failing but I have also read about some people on the diyma forum using the sub with no problems and the lowest power amount i read was 400 rms people used on them daily...now ive been around a while on ecoustics and I know mikechec9 is a knowledgable guy and has owned 3 or 4 diyma 12 in his setup he used to have but im just saying not everyone has had a bad experience with the diyma... but at the same time dont abuse the sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 8107
oh...as far as output spl wise yeah ive read that it isnt a monster in that department but at the same time keep in mind it was built to be a sound quality sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 8109
"Sean do you think the DIYMA would get hard to find/ more expensive in 2-3 months. That's when this setup is going in and I don't really wanna buy another until I need to. But it seems this sub is getting harder to find, wasn't on DIY and eBay doesn't always have one for sale."

My guess would be yes it will be hard to find it new because hes been selling these for a while now

"Nope just a reflection, looks new."

Good...Thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
Alright thanks man.
Guess I'll buy another soon lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8114
dont forget to check the guy from sound solutions... his was new and cheaper than ebay is right now

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7771
they look like a SQ sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
Yea I will Sean, just gotta make sure I have enough money. Gotta buy an iPod adapter for my Pioneer flip-out and those things are like 40 bucks! And that's on eBay lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us