Memphis Car Audio??? Yes or No???

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 345
I don't hear a lot about MCA, so tell me Yes or no? do you like or dis-like! Mojo's, reference, msyn???

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5989
Nice stuff. Amps do rated power, subs can handle some power.
The M3's are nice, pretty dam efficient.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13899
This guy I went to high school with's dad owned a shop here, and he told me then nothing sounds better then JL, But Memphis...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6406
Haha he told you wrong.......

Memphis stuff is decent but their bigger amps like the 4kw are not that good...... they can't take voltage drop and are known to blow b/c of it.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1122
I like my 4ks pretty good. They put out good power and have a small enough footprint to mount easily. I have had one blow, although I'm not sure if defective or voltage drop, but the other 3 that were running at the time had no problems. Anyway, I like a lot of their equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6979
"I like my 4ks pretty good. They put out good power and have a small enough footprint to mount easily. I have had one blow, although I'm not sure if defective or voltage drop, but the other 3 that were running at the time had no problems. Anyway, I like a lot of their equipment."

If you think the Memphis 4KW has a small footprint you're smoking something. I'm not really impressed by the 4KW at all, my MMATS D3000.5 was much better.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1123
What do you mean? It's a very thin/long amp, which for me is the only thing that allowed me to mount them like I did. It may be long, but it's only about 10" wide at the base. I'd have a huge amp rack under my box or something if it wasn't for how thin they are- and I didn't want that.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 346
I didn't ask to start a fight! That's all I run in my personal vehicles, I have always had very good luck with them. With my Jeep I beat the hell out my amp and sub's,Ive seen drops as low as 10 volts while still thumping the hell out of my Mojo's with my mcd1500, still running stock my alt.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 417
like the mojos - never heard anything else

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 713
like my PR1000, solid little amp

gets the job done

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6989
I could almost fit 2 MMATS D3000s in the space of a single Memphis 4kw.

Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 4
I have bought a total of 4 PR1000d amps.. They are very strong amps.. can handle .7 ohm all day long.. M class are stronger but some are only 2 ohm stable... not a huge fan of the subs.... have heard the pr class and the MoJo.. was not impressed... hope this helps

Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 5
let me clarify... that would be a huge YES!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18897
"If you think the Memphis 4KW has a small footprint you're smoking something. I'm not really impressed by the 4KW at all, my MMATS D3000.5 was much better."

x2

the mmats is tiny compared to the memphis and yet it performs better than the memphis imo. unless you put some serous voltage on the memphis, the mmats will pwn it any day of the week. especiall the mmats amp rob has. his is modded and its a beast.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6469
In my expiernce the 4kw's are just not built well........ I've seen them blow quite a few times.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 103
i have a prd 1000.1 pushing my D615D4 diamonds and it moves them nicely

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 734
mhm ^^

Bronze Member
Username: Furcifer

STL

Post Number: 20
Speaking of Memphis, I was told the other day that Memphis is now the ones that make MA Audio. However, this guy I was talking too didn't know anything about FI audio, RE Audio, or Incriminator Audio. The funny thing is, he swore up and down that Bravox subs were the best on the market and that RE and FI audio subs were made in Taiwan. I then explained to him that he needs to just stop now, if he doesn't know what he is talking about because I know that FI audio subs are made in the US.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4409
"Ive seen drops as low as 10 volts "

You might want to consider doing something about that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us