Need help choosing the right set of speakers!

Bronze Member
Username: Jt212

Post Number: 25
im just got a 2005 gmc envoy with 6 1/2 speaker sizes front and rear. im looking to upgrade my speakers to get good bass respone without a sub. was wondering if someone could name a few brands to try?? help appreciated. im looking into components for the front.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1258
you probably won't get great bass response without a sub.. but if i had to say anything, rather than looking for a specific speaker, deaden the heck out of your doors.

then look into speakers.

RE audio XXX components look promising for bass response, uses split coil technology which has a rather high inductance and high moving mass, translates to a shotty midrange at best..

you're going to have to sacrafice something if you dont want to put in a sub. whether its SPL, midrange, or SQ..

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1581
I would get an nice set of comps of front, and an excellent midbass in the back doors.

Whats your budget? Mind doing a little cutting of the doors to fit a bigger driver? Are you going to amp the speakers? Have you heard anything that you have liked thus far?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
i am going to amp the speakers and i dont want to cut the doors at all, all i have looked at are alpine and boston acoustics, i dont know much about speakers to be honest

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i was looking to put CDT Audio M6 - CDT Audio 6.5" 300 Watt Mid-Bass/Sub-Bass Drivers in the rear and CDT Audio CL-62 - CDT Audio 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers up front powered by a alpine v-power, does that sound about right?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 144
If i were you, I'd just put the M6's in the front, forget about the rears. Do M6's with DRT-26's (aluminum) and 560i crossovers. You don't need speakers in the rear. Your ears don't hear them. If you were gonna run rear fill and use midbass speakers, I would go with M6+'s. Whatever you decide to do...as previously mentioned....deaden the heck out of everything.

If you have any questions about CDT, feel free to email me: sales@exigeaudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 145
I should put that last comment in context. Your ears hear the rear speakers if you allow them to...by not fading the soundstage to the front. However, the best soundstage is created by using the front speakers, not the rear speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1582
^^ Yup
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us