Help me PLEASE quick ?

Jared
i'm sort of new to the whole car audio scene, i am buying to 12 inch alpine type s subs. And im looking for an amp to buy. the subs are...
Dual 4 OHM (4ohm + 4ohm). can someone who knows what their talkin about tell me 1, what that means and 2,what kind of amp i should buy if i want to run them at their max-200 rms. how many channels?
highly appreciated.

Jared
i found a kenwood amp that said 200 Watts x 2 at 4 ohms is that what i'm looking for?

Each of these dual voice coil subs (dual 4-ohm.) This means that each sub has two separate voice coils in it...like two speakers connected together. You'll have to wire together the two voice coils of each sub ... this is tough to type.

If that Kenwood amp stable at 2 ohm stereo (two channels each running at 2-ohm) or 4-ohm mono (one channel running at 4-ohm)?

You can email me for quicker answers (I'll give you my 1-800 number)

teflondog
hey jared, each sub is dual 4 ohm. what that means is that you could wire it to be either 2 ohm or 8 ohm, whatever you prefer. that just makes it more flexible to find an amp. i would recommend the alpine mrp-350 mono amp. it says that it puts out 350 watts @ 2 ohms but i guarantee that it puts out more. wire your subs in series and then in parallel to each other, which would make them 2 ohms. this is a really good combination. your subs would be getting about 175 watts each, which is perfect for those type s's.

Jared
these are the specs
Max Watts: 1000
400 Watts x 1 at 2 ohms
200 Watts x 2 at 4 ohms
1 Ohm Stable
Variable Low-Pass Electronic Crossover: 50Hz - 200Hz, 18dB per Octave
Class D

Please send any advice. Thank you

teflondog
sounds like a good amp. class d amps are very efficient meaning that they don't need as much power to operate like a/b amps do. wire those 4 ohm dvc subs in series and then parallel to each other to get 400 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms. just make sure you break in your subs before you crank the volume up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us