Mono amp with dual cvrs?

Bronze Member
Username: Leapoldstotch

Post Number: 34
how can u run a mono amp like a brutus with 2 cvrs?
whats the best amp i should get for these 12"? there rated 400 watts, so how far fast should i push them? if at all.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18430
you can get a pair of cvr dual 2ohm and wire it series-parallel to a kicker zx750.1. that is a very common system around here and it bumps.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 354
good call on the zx 750.1

dual2ohm CVRs + 750.1 = great all around budget system

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 329
CVRs arent great.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6340
No but they are for what they cost......

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18436
no one said it was.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 355
"great all around BUDGET system"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
hmm. u know of any amps that are a lil cheaper that would make it bump just as hard?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18438
my comment above was for hurricane brian and not M.S. lol. M.S. got his post in right before mine. sneaky guy. hahaha.

you could look for some audiobahn amps. they are decent for the price. i think you can find one under 200 bux.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 357
why not give us a budget for the amp and subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
Chad lee - then why would you recommend them?

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 490
did you look on ebay for the 750.1 they are really cheap there

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18440
uhhhh cause the title was asking for an amp to use with "cvr"?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
chad u had a good point. i see an audiobahn on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOBAHN-A8002V-1600-WATT-2-1-CHANNEL-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQite mZ170195193340QQihZ007QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
for very cheap. 400 watts for each sub. matches it perfectly for the cvrs.

or i could wire this mono amp, how they mentioned up at the top, and it 800 watts which is more than the kicker and MUCH cheaper. how many watts would each sub be getting if i used the single channel? still 400 each?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOBAHN-A8000T-1600-WATT-MONO-AMP-CAR-SUB-AMPLIFIER_W0QQit emZ180215705411QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64570QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD7VQQcmdZViewItem?_tr ksid=p1638.m123
thats the link for the 2nd one sry.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 507
noooooo no audioburn...lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
no audiobahn lol? whats wrong with them?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18448
i normally wouldn't recomend the abahn amp but that amp is actually decent for the price.

you can wire as many subs as you want to a mono amp.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 508
there not really good amps bro, stay away from them...lol go with the zx750.1 r the zx1000.1, they are underrated and do more watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
chad have u seen this amp in person? state said no audiobahn. why is that? do they get hot or are they underrated or somthing?

i figured since it was a single channel amp there was no way to wire it to many subs. but apparently there is. ill figure that out when the time comes.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18450
it does suck and state is right. but it seems like you want a cheap bump so i am just recomending the cheapest you can get. lol.

i have seen the amp in person. it does its job. i haven't seen it fail on someone yet. lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
lol hmm. i dont want to compromise the volume though. ill have to think about it.. i could spend like 70 bucks more on the kicker...

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 509
lol ma friend had the 800 watt one and it came with the white gloves...lmao you had to wear em just to install it. lmao..and yes it failed on him he returned it to CC. haha

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18452
hahahaha white glove. hahahaha thats awesome man. lol.

seth trust me when i say this. get the kicker zx750. you won't regret it.

why don't you tell us how much you want to spend on subs and amp and we'll find you something better. but remember, you gotta be willing to spend a little my friend.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 511
yea white gloves was corny, like a god d@mn mime r sumin...haha but yea i had the zx750.1 i got off ebay for an great deal, as chad may alreadi know n i never had an problem with it and i think it was refurb too.. u cant go wrong with kicker amps unless ur settings is wrong like everything to the max. lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6342
Get the Kicker amp......... they are very good quality

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
Crunch is made by Hifonics...might be the cheap version but would still put out "near" rated power

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/crunch-pzi10001-1000w-ohm-stable-mono-block-amplifi er-p-542.html

$125 shipped. Will work if you get 2 D4 CVRS.

will you consider any other subs though? Spend a little more?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
hmm, that crunch is rated at 1000 watts? so even if it overrated it would still be alot. would it be safe for the cvrs?

im looking to spend 150-200 on the subs, 150-200 on the amp. and ill build the box myself. costs like 50 bucks. im getting a 200 dollar tax refund so why not spend. see if u guys can set me up with a bumpin system. my friends got dual brand subs, 2 12s in the glass box ya know.. and if u turn it up alot they get pretty loud and i know that complete crap compared to even cvrs or type rs. so im not looking to spend too much.

but the problem is. ive got a 2channel 100 watt each channel amp running for my kenwood 6x9s. and if i hook up another amp to my battery thats 1000 watts i dont thinkt hat would work out lol?

if u guys have time try and set me straight on all of this

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
Kicker is clearly the best amp...i just threw the crunch out there as a change up. if you could, get a FI SSD 15 direct for $210. And the Kicker 750.1 amp.

Thats what I'd recommend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
hmm i think im gonna stick with the cvrs.. there so cheap i cant pass it up. im not looking for anything too special just somthing to bump sorta hard. and i read a bunch of reviews on thoes audiobahn amps and they seem to hold up well enough. i wanna put more like 500 watts into each sub instead of the rated 400 ya know? or would adding 100/200 over the rated rm even make that big a difference?

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
no...in fact with Kicker subs you dont want to over power them.

Every highschool kid has CVRs! arrgggghh. ok well if you get em, at least get the 750.1...no audiobahn.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
u live in chicago? hurricane i live in kankakee, a little south of u. idk man im pressed for funds huge. plus ill have to get another battery or some crap, can i run a 2 channel 100 watt amp, and a 2 channel 400 watt amp on stock battery and alternator?

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
kankakee huh? email me

local opens up the used market.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
yea ive decided on the 2 12" kicker cvrs, and im gonna get the 2channel 400 watt amp from audiobahn.. see how it goes. ive got a dual brand 100 watt amp for christ sake and it works fine for my speakers so what the heck.. ill email u sometime, mines leapoldstotch@hotmail.com if uve got some used stuff tell me about it. ive got 2 pioneer 6x9s for sale if anyones interested, 30 bucks, bought them for 70, nothing wrong with them what so ever.

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
dont do it. i can get you better equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
dont do it? what do u sugjest, its 150 for both subs man thats a total steal id say. thats all i wanna spend, and 150- 200 at the very most on an amp..
only think i can think of is one type r 12. what else can i get for 150 bucks thats better than 2 cvr 12s?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us