My poor amp :-(

Gold Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey 15 inch Alph...

Post Number: 1196
all of a sudden today i was bumpin and the protection on my amp turns on then the amp just turns off all together. i check it out and see that all the fuses are blown on it. so i replace the fuses and as soon as i turn the car on again all the other fuses blew. idk how it happened but its ridiculous. everything is set right my gain was set correctly idk what happened. i bought like 4 back of fuses they all blew as soon as the car turned on. so i guess im gonna send it in to get rapaired. any other suggestions before i drop more dough uhhhhhh :-( it was my brand new elevation audio dx1500 btw

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 490
damn bro....sorry to hear that....i hate when that kinda sh!t happens u get all excited to get ur new ish and listen to it. All of a sudden sumin else goes wrong after u got new equipment. i hate that Sh!t. that alwys happens to me i get sumin new, then sumin else goes wrong....gl

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 480
check your grownd, there might be a short

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
yea man. it suuuxxxxx. it was good for like 3 days. the protection comes on for like a second then the green like comes on and then all the fuses blow. should i send the amp to get fixed. could it be my car? i doubt it right? i might try to hook it up in one of my friends cars and see if the same thing happens. if it does then ill send the amp in to get fixed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
the ground is good. checked it a few times lol :-(

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 492
didnt u jus get the amp bro? do you have an HO alt and stuff?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1200
big three done and a deep cycle. no h.o alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1201
i bought it used but yea i did just get it like a week ago

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 482
what about your main power fuse? make sure its connected to the power wire and VERY secure. My cousin was havin this exact problem besides blowing the fuses on the amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1203
true true. ill check that now. thanks for the advice. keep it comin guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
fuse is fine.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 485
did you make sure there is NO paint between the grownd and the car?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1205
yea theres none. does this sound like something is wrong with my amp or connections in the car. what are some diagnosis' you guys are thikning? thanks for the help. because im either going to buy a new amp or get this one repaired. i need to know before i take the next step. again thanks for the advice

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
chris from db-r electronics thinks its a blown power supply. im going to send it in :-(

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3447
try hooking it up at the battery (with a fuse on the power wire) just like 2 feet of power and 2 feet of ground, and the rem jumped out. Does it still blow fuses with out a sub load? if so, then its the amp. It may just be a melted solder line causing a dead short. Did you open it up and look inside? Post some pics of the guts I tell ya.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1208
yea its actually open rightn ow and im looking at it. i did hook her up with no sub load and all the fuses still blew. i did that right after school. ill post some pics of the guts right now. thanks marc

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh296/spivey17323/blown.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh296/spivey17323/bl2.jpg

i dont know if that helps but there ya go marc

Gold Member

Post Number: 1210
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh296/spivey17323/bl3.jpg

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3449
Well, Nothing jumps out at me. Sorry to hear about that. What ohm load was it at? I thought they were a solid amp to 1 ohm. Thanks for the pics. I put them in the "amp gut thread in OT"

btw specs are 650 at 4, 1800 at 1. wow. Maybe you werent supplying enough juice.

Are you sending it to Joe at EA? Hes a cool guy. Good luck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1211
hmmm i thought it was 1500 at 1 ohm... im sending it to chris at db-r... if it is 1800 at 1 then no wonder my sub sounded like it was getting more than 1500. yea she was a great amp. i always supply enough juice ;) haha no ho mo. thanks for trying though man.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 924
those blue blocks think thier like a cermaic cap they look a lil odd to me. does anything smell burnt in it? btw ever think ur power or anything like that has a nick in it anywhere causeing a ground.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
im gonna try another amp today. if it doesthe same thing with another amp then i knowi ts not my amp thats messed up. ill keep you guys updated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
ok so i just tested like a cheapo bazooka amp that my friend has on my electrical and it worked fine. so its not my electrical its my amp. already sent in for repairs. shouldh ave it bakc in a week or two.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3459
good deal. was it covered under a warranty?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1226
nah... i bought a used from a guy on CA. i bet there was already something wrong with it when i got it bought i wont start any drama. ill just take it like a man and eat it haha no ho mo. its gonna be 110 bucks to fix. plus it cost me like 30 to ship so altogether like 140. :-(

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3462
man that suxxs. Well, it will be a nice amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
yea it owned life for the 3 days it was working lol and also you said it was 1800.1 at 1 ohm? is this true? i was otld it was only 1500

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3465
well, I got that from CA&E amp spec guide. Thats what EA submitted to them for the article...so
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us