Too sketchy?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1233
i used to have my kicker zx700.5 mounted on my rear deck and since it was such a drak color you couldnt really see it with my tint. but i got rid of it and got a different amp and i was wondering if putting an alumnium color amp would be too skecthy to put in the rear shelf or not? i only have 20% tint may get another layer tho.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4578
i'd never mount anything in plain view reguardless of tint darkness

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2140
nope, not a good idea AT ALL

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1234
yea thats what i figured i got to find a better spot then the seat for this.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6292
I've got an SUV so all my equipent is visable if you're right up agaist the glass

Even with tinted windows

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 675
i did it when i had an audiobahn flame series amp that lit up cause i thought it looked cool (i was 16) but realized that id get my sh!t stolen lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1241
wow! i guess i never really thought of that before. maybe i wont get an suv next.

But yea i think i might just go for it, possibly paint the amp black and get a second layer of 20%. 95% of the time i dont drive in any bad neighborhoods and if i do i never park there. I just got off the phone with my dad and asked him about this and hes seems to think it will be fine as long as i dont park in the city. i think i might try to make a cover for it as well. so you cant see any thing cept a box.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 678
well they dont just steal in the hood bud would you rather steal in a rich place with nice stuff or poor hood with crap you know what i mean

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1242
yea i know what you mean but the crime rate where i spend 95% of my time is very low I park in a garage and i have and 800 ft drive way.

i am mostly worried about my sh1t getting stolen at school but i usually park in the gated faculty lot which are under video survalance. i think if i build that shrould as well that it will help too.

I just really dont want to put this on the back of seat cuz thats lame lol. trunk lid is where i had my old sub amp but since im doing a rear firing design this time i dont want the amp to vibrate to death. Got any other suggestions for a place to mount it that wont get in the way?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6303
" I just really dont want to put this on the back of seat cuz thats lame lol. "

Say what

Upload

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1243
lol. sorry M.S. by lame i mean its to common.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2151
clean those wires up M.S. Damn. Haha

Yeah, the back seat is defiantly common. make a custom amp rack to mount on the side of the trunk. Would look good. I did something like that in my jeep and it turned out great

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6307
Hahaha come on andrew......... I took that pic while I was installing the stuff. When the seat is up you can't see the amps or wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us