OT iPods

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2630
My old school 20 GB Photo is slowly kickin' the bucket i think... sooo i'm lookin into a new ipod, i want an ipod, no zunes or anything else, only apple...

i can't decide between a 16 gb touch and a 80 gb video classic.....

the classic is cheaper and makes soooo much more sense but i can't help but want the touch it is so cool, i was playin with it at the apple store today...

anyone own either, any input (would the 16 be too small???) I only have 15 on mine currently and i could easily delete half of it...

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 341
i say get the 80 gig.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2180
ide get the classic and if you wanna touch something get the iphone. 16gig is decent for songs but its nice to have vids and stuff also on it. ive got the classic and its really nice.

but if you have no interest in vids or anything like that then 16gig is decent size depending on the amount of songs you have.

i have 3800 songs in itunes and it takes up 15.4 gigs...i also have 25gigs of movies

i have the 8gig iphone and it is really cool touching it but it isnt big enough for all my songs so i still use my classic for music mainly

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13806
If you plan on having it awhile go large or go home. You may think 80gigs is too big but there was a time when 3 gigs was considered huge.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1453
i have a 8GB touch and absolutely love it!!!

you must hack it!!!! once you hack it man it opens up a whole nother world!!! look up ipod jailbreak on youtube and see what i mean.

i wudnt reccomended the 8 GB for videos tho. i have about 100 cds and i havent even used 4 GB yet that includes photos and tons of programs about 50 nintendo games and GBA games too. man you have to get the touch!!!

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2636
wait, i watched that video....what's the point???

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1460
you prolly watched a vid on how to jailbreak. you have to watch a vid with all the things you can do after you jailbreak man just search youtube search ipod touch apps or something man its out there trust me.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2637
damn i was playin with istuff at the apple store and now i realized i want an iphone man they kick azz

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4229
classic ftw. you'll eventually need more than 16 gigs of stuff on your Ipod... not to mention the touch has a lot better chance of breaking...

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2189
you should get the classic and the iphone

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 606
I have an 80 gig classic and i love it, they were out of 160's and im impatient... but i bought my gf a touch for her birthday... they are ballin but the space issue would piss me off, check out archos too alot of good wifi enabled PMP's with much bigger screens if you enjoy video,,,

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1953
I say Classic. I can no longer get all of my music on my 5G 60 GB. Pisses me off. No vids; no photos and yet I still can't get all my music on. Go for the 160 though.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 923
160's got lag problems along with some classics, do your homework. i own 5 ipods if you count the ones i bought for other ppl as gifts i technically own 8 so far i experienced the ipod video 60 gig, ipod photo 40 gig, ipod mini 6 gig, ipod nano 2 gen 4 gig, ipod nano video 8 gig just got it a few days ago. ones i returned were all of the damn 4th gen regular ipods they kept breaking down. ones i don't own and have experienced, ipod nano first gen, and ipod nano 2nd gen. my best advice is if u think you can't wait and can handle alot of troubles get the 160 it's a crap shoot on that model. if u can take the lower gigs, get a nano 8 gig or touch, or classic but even that classic isn't fool proof. the touches i have yet to well.. touch. but the best advice i can tell you is decide if u can wait for the new larger drives which u will see out prob by late summer early fall or you can jump into it. i say if u can wait get a nano to hold you over. as far as iphones go i can't stress this enough WAIT !!!!!!!! in less then a few months apples rolling out the next gen iphones and thier suppose to tout bigger drives for the same amount, google is your friend. good luck !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us