Which DD Sub

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 183
Hey guys im just looking to upgrade from a CVR 15" to a DD 15". The question is which one. Im looking at the 2515 and the 3515. The problem is, that here in Australia prices are pretty high and if im going to spend that much money then i want to get it right. Ive never used DD before so i need advice. The 2515 is $549 and the 3515 is $999. Is is worth the extra money to go with the 3515 or isnt there much difference between them. They would be getting roughly 1000wrms.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6903
Going from a CVR to a 3515 would be an insane difference but those prices are pretty high which sucks but you're in Australia so I can understand shipping is a killer. The 400dollar mark-up from the 2515 to the 3515 is a bit extreme though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6908
Bump up will ya?

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 184
Hows the 2515 compared to the CVR. Is it worth paying $549 for the upgrade?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6910
The 2515 will put the CVR to shame in all aspects. CVRS are starter subs to add a little something but you're comparing diamonds to coal here haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6911
I sent you a PM Moey.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1759
i wouldnt do it,jmo.u could get a w7 for that.well here from a wholsale site u could

Gold Member

Post Number: 6912
Do you realize that he's located in Australia?

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 186
a 13W7 is $1899 here ROFL

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 333
holy sh*t.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1760
yes i realize he is in australia.how much does a cvr cost there.i know a place to get a 12 inch w7 new for 499 bucks plus shipping.no warranty but i could live with that

Gold Member

Post Number: 6915
Moey, I can get a DD 9515F to your door for cheaper than $999 if you're interested.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 187
Problem is i only have 1000wrms @ 1ohm. I heard the 9515 needs alot more than that to get moving

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 334
but you were talking about getting the 2515 or 3515. so who cares about the 9515. haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6918
That's not true Moey.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6919
zac davis
Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

beloit , wi

Post Number: 1567

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 08:07 pm:
Ok, Rovin, Chauncy, you guys have been misinformed.

"DD's don't hit the lows."

haha, that statement is retarded.
I started running DD more than 10 years ago. I've built, heard, and used DD in many systems.
Truth be had none of you have given a reason as to why you feel DD woofers arent capable of producing high volume levels at low frequencies.
Rob has asked any of you to reply with your reasoning for this claim, he has even extended an offer to show you how loud his system is at low frequencies, yet, nothing....

Well I don't really have much to add to this silly notion other than 'how about y'all come over and listen to my Expedition that does 150 at 35hz with only 2 9515's. Of course that isnt anything to brag about, theres plenty of trucks out there that are much louder, my point is that its a street beater that gets low with DD's.

Was is Rovin that said "with 1000watts the 9500 wont even move"?,
haha, your goofy. The 95's are louder than 35's with equal power going to each. Been there, tested that.

Back to the original subject of this thread....

I think you'd be surprised with a pair of 1512's.
I listen to rock, funk, metal, ect, (MarsVolta, Refused, ect.) and to be honest the 1500 series are my favorite.
Yeah, they don't boast much on paper but when you hear them, my lord, they are some sweet soundin subs. As for amplitude, dude, they're loud as hell. Try'em out, and if you don't like'em, and i'd be surprised if you didnt, you can sell them for close to what ya paid for them and upgrade.

I'm known for telling customers to put their money away, "wait and see how you like it, and then, if you want more, spend the extra cash."

You don't know how many people say they want a 3000 watt amp and a pair of 15's or somethin like that and I ask them to just humble me by allowing me to show them a pair of 12's on 1500 watts. You'd be surprised how many people think your crazy they say they're looking to spend 4 grand BUT you tell'em the quality and performance they're looking for with can be had with half the money. It's all bout the install. Enclosure, tuning, box placement, venting the trunk area, phasing, ect......

I guess what I'm gettin at is DD grossly underrates their product. Example, Alan Dante is runs 40,000watts rms into just ONE Digital Designs sub, of course this is only a few seconds at a time haha.
As for being power hungry, that has a lot to do with the model. I just installed 2 9515's in a Caprice with one amp, (Fusion 2500D, which has a CEA rating of 1785 watts rms), and it sounds amazing. Upper 140's maybe a near 150 at particular notes.

But again, look into these 1500 series subs man, I'm a musician, an SPL world champion, and I have really big ears, so you can trust my judgement when I say you'll love the musicality and output of these woofers. haha

If you want something so loud it hurts, skip the 15 and 2500's and go straight to the 35's. These subs utilize the same voice coil as the 9500's.
The 3500 series subs are brutal. Yes they have good SQ, but these are capable of producing decibel levels that distort your hearing, who cares if the sub sounds good at 150 db because your ears would already be distorting themselves so you'd have no way of knowing if it or anything sounds good or not. :P
Geeze,
Zac Davis

Zac is a DD dealer/installer and I've actually heard this setup in the Caprice that he describes and it got loud. The amp does 1800 watts RMS that he had going to 2 9515s so let's say each sub was seeing 1000 watts each. Well...it got loud and the subs WERE in fact moving :-) You can throw more power at the 9515 if need be though.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 189
Yea thanx for the offer rob, but id prefer to get it new from here for warranty reasons...

Chris, the CVR cost me $270 used (they about $370 new).

Back to the 2515, is it worth the money upgrading from the CVR on 450wrms to the DD on about 1000wrms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1764
oh well after u tell me 370.the dd a be worth it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6921
DD subs don't come with any warranty. Most subs don't. Blown voice coils are never covered by warranty, manufacturing defect would be POSSIBLY. I can't imagine the shipping you'll have to pay to get any of your subs warrantied though, shipping there and back would cost you almost as much as buying a new sub.

"Back to the 2515, is it worth the money upgrading from the CVR on 450wrms to the DD on about 1000wrms?"

For the money you're going to pay for the 2515 stick with your CVR.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 190
Hmmm, thanx for all the help. Il hav a think about all this and il decide a little later.

Thanx again

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1570
No warranty on DD.

A fresh reconed woofer from DD is essentially new.

The CVR is comparable to a 2500. I think CVR's perform quite well, I've been impressed from every pair I've heard. The 2500 may edge out the CVR in overall performance but it isn't "that big" of an unpgrade to be honest. A 3500?, thats a whole different story.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13153
when i said 1000wrms on a 9500 wont move it i meant compare to if u put about 2000wrms on it for it to really come alive & make some serious output

to the creator of this thread - dude if it cost THAT MUCH in austrailia IMHO i would look at some other sub ...

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 191
Problem is there isnt a wide range of quality brands here.
Like i said, il have a think about it and il make my decision a little later.
Thanx for the help

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2179
what about a HDC3?

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1571
I hear what ur sayin Rovin,
I guess what I was trying to get across is...?...how bout I use an analogy haha

The Bugatti Veyron.
Drive it at 150mph and thats FAST as SH!T!!!!, faster than most people will ever care to go.
Can it go faster?
Yes, the Veyron will do 200+ mph haha.

9500 with...
1,000 watts= Loud as hell
2,000 watts= Louder than hell

:P

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1572
Later Moey, check back in with us after ya make a decision.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13155
makes me happy to know that even in a tiny country like mine we get DD cheaper than australia & we do in fact have ALOT of the prestige brands ...when it comes to car audio we certainly are not behind the times .....

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 192
We are behind about 10 yrs in car audio lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us