Rear-fill Suggestions

Username: Huskermike

Post Number: 10
I'm using part of my tax return to upgrade the system in my car (a 3-door coupe). For the front speakers, I'm putting in either Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components or JBL C608 GTI components. These will be run by an Alpine V12 Expert amp. I will also have a mono sub amp running either one Kappa Perfect 12" sub or two Alpine Type R 10" subs.

My question is what should I do about rear fill? Do I need speakers in the rear, or would the components alone with the sub(s) sound better? If I put anything in the rear, I just want a pair of midbass drivers, and am open to suggestions as to which to buy (~$75-100). I can get a pair of MB Quarts for $85. I have also seen some Kicker, CDT, and MA Audio in that price range.

Maybe what I should do is wait until I get the front components and everything installed and see how it sounds, and then decide about midbass drivers. What are your thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 126
skip rear fill, instead get a better set of front components with the extra money from the rear fill speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
What components would you recommend for $250-300?

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 66
offcourse again, i would recommend focal, but their are two other comps that i listened today and that was installed in my friends vehicle, 1 of them is ESB DT-8.25/CX160, and 2nd is "beyma Experience 6 comps. and wow they sound amazing, you can also try them ,

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5950
rainbow slc

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 78
focal access line

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 364
focal is known for being a "bright" speaker, however some people like that...

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 80
ya i like it, more instrument

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I think I'm going to go with the Rainbow CS265 Profi Phase Plug comps. Good choice?

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5960
yes for the front give them good power and dont run rear fill

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I won't be running any rear fill. I will have one or two 10" Alpine Type R subs for bass.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3469
Nice choice.

And Ewok,
you got a link for "beyma Experience 6 comps"?

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5963
unless you already got the subs get something that will sound better. type r is a starter sub.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 82
Nice choice.

And Ewok,
you got a link for "beyma Experience 6 comps"?

no link for that marc, i was just able to test it from a friend of mine, and he doest have the beyma Experience 6, to be honest it sounds better than my focal access line, by the way are you a fan of beyma?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
""unless you already got the subs get something that will sound better. type r is a starter sub.""

Yeah, I already have them from my last system. I was going to get some Infinity Kappa Perfects this time around, but now I'm probably spending my entire budget on just the components, so they'll have to wait.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5973
i hear you, when you looking for a new sub post and well find something better then the kappas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Well, my budget may have just come down by $150 or so.

What about MB Quart QSD 216 components?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3474
yes. I like Beyma. Reason I ask is I never heard of the "Beyma Experience 6 comps" Just RFK (entry) line and the SC line, and the separates.
But I just checked out the site. Nice looking components. They are the new 08 line up. Very nice. Any ideas on the price of those? Google has nothing...yet.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3475
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Okay, I think I have it narrowed down to either MB Quart QSD 216 ($350 shipped) or Boston Acoustics Pro60 ($300 shipped).

Between the two, which would you pick?

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 89
hey marc, thats a kewl custom you got thier, awe and i see that you had seen the new 08 line of beyma, well according to my friend he spent 300 for the set of experience 6 comps, but he got it from japan though but made in spain i believe, anyways are you looking forward to upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 406
Husker Mike: Boston PROs!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Abarca - Thanks for the input! I'm about 95% sure that's what I'll be going with.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3496
X2 on the Boston. Nice comps. I like how they sound so crisp and brite. Did you go to a car shop and listen to any? or just picking from recommandations and specs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us