OT: 19"s on a accord

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 701
will 19"S fit on a 97 honda accord se.. the suspension is stock.. i MIGHT lower it after the 19"s if theres room and if it needs it... i don't like to have a big gap between the fender and tire.... i got sum 18"s on it now but it just ain't cuttin it... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1011
thers a guy in town wit 20's on his so yea i figure so man...

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 252
I had 20s on my 94 Honda Accord LX 4dr .... And 20s on my 99 Nissan Sentra GXE

... Hell, I threw 22s on my Accord for about 2 hours then I sold them to a guy with a 4-lug trunk for $3200 ( Only paid $1250 )

I'm goin' 22s on my Sentra next...
... BUT to your question:

YES! They will fit!

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1222
22's on a sentra!!! im lookin to put 22's on my 300m and they wiill barely fit with a 30 serise tire. are you even gonna have tires lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6248
What is it with people these days with huge azz rims and tires the thickness of rubber bands........ looks retarded

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2468
i want to put 22s on mah galant..
but i know they wont fit

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 253
I'll post pictures when my Sentra put the 22s on....

Here's the pictures of my cars:

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6255
75 series tire FTW....... I can hit a curb and not have it touch the rim haha.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2130
285/75/R15 is what I run baby. Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4561
i'd prefer not to draw peoples attention to my car... if a thief saw you have some big rims odds are more likely hes going to peep in the car

not only that, theres some nasty pot holes in some places down here.. :-)

i just don't see the point in hurting gas mileage and putting more strain on the motors/trannies for a bling factor

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 254
You can't see inside of my Sentra now.... 20% tint double layered with 15% * Equal to 2 1/2%.

... Honda is a different thing though! NO TINT! ( Looks better to me ).

And as far as hurting your tranny... Naw... If you have a good model/series car, only your FOOT can mess something up.
* Mechanic told me that *

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2132
big rims need big brakes though and a lot of people dont upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 461
wow... you guys are cool now.. spend more on your cars wheels than you do on the car.... thats AWESOME

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5466
"spend more on your cars wheels than you do on the car"

the cars wheel is part of the car...lol...use your head =P

wish i had a set of 24s for my xterra :-(

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 462
wheels are not part of the car... lol Use your head, the wheels especially 20" are not a nisessity on cars... they work perfectly fine on stock 16" wheels...

sorry to break all your hearts, but a stereo is an accessory as well LOL!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5467
eh..without wheels a car wouldnt be able to move...
which makes it part of the car.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 463
sorry... i ment the 20"+ on the car aren't part of the car... just something to make the car look irrational

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2135
I say that you dont need to buy a cheap azz car so you will have money left over for rims. A lot of people around here buy beaters b/c they are cheap and they can buy big rims. thats what bothers me...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5474
big rims only look good on nice cars..
bmw 750
chrystler 300
all mercedes and jags and most lexus :-)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 464
yea, when you put then on shitty cars like what these kids are doing... just looks so taky

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2470
my twenties made my galant look ten times better..and the five tint..
looks like a baby benz now..

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 466
lol why not invest in a better car? like idk... a rwd car instead... or an awd... you live in texas, no need for a fwd pos

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6270
no need for fwd anywhere haha

I hate FWD, no burnouts FTL. Not that any of these 4 bangers could do a burnout anyways :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4564
my car won't do a burnout :-)

and yes, big rims on a car such as a honda can hurt the motor/tranny/drivetrain over time..

it is extra rotating mass, along with a meed for brakes for that rolling mass.. think of the weight difference over stock? then the size distance? also throws off your speedo.. gotta think some of the cars people put these rims on don't have enough torque to tighten the lug bolts :-)

ill stick to my factory size.. 235/40ZR/18

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 702
can u guys post pics of accords with 19"s and 20"s... i been lookin but i can't find any... thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 4569
save a squirrel..

Upload

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2138
The thing around here now is older cars and crown vics with bright new paint jobs and 26's. I think if you have to lift the car, dont do it. The only time that anything over 20" looks good on a car or mini truck is when the wheels are tucked...

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 467
FWD is only good in icy areas... RWD and AWD is where its at...

Come to think of it... besides ICE... wtf is FWD for? RWD is faster, RWD can drift RWD is much better on the car AWD is just pimpin... why did they start FWD everywhere? is g@y LOL along with 20" on an accord..

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 703
lol... i don't like the box car look... i like big wheels but i don't like it when it makes your car look like a truck...i would never lift a CAR....thats why i had said i have a stock suspension and if i do anything to it its gunna be a drop

Gold Member

Post Number: 4570
stick to the 18"s and do a 1.5" drop.. accords are fixed up more for racing other than bling factor.. sport look

but no limit.. you do realize FWD has less drivetrain loss so lets say have to identical cars, power,gear ratio,tire size,ect .. only diff is one is FWD and the other RWD .. the FWD would be quicker

over-all i prefer RWD over FWD anyday

AWD is fun yes, i love my AWD, but powertrain loss sucks

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5945
yup drivetrain loss. also im 99% sure its cheaper to make FWD. main reason for FWD

also if you put huge rims on a car that doesnt have them stock it is bad for it. your mechanic is wrong. your adding more moving mass which will put more strain on your drive train. unless you regear which i dont know how that would work on FWD, if at all. and youll start eating threw brakes unless you get hi-perf ones.

and why put big rims on a cheap car they look tacky anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2298
after reading this, how big of rims can u put on without really hurting anything. cause my car comes with 15's stock and i was gunna get 17's. would that be ok

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6285
Yep its cheaper to make a fwd car thats why all the pos new cars are FWD now

Best drivetrain IMO: part time 4WD like my Blazer has....... mad burnouts and can screw around in RWD, and great traction in 4WD. Limited slip rearend is good also....

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 259
My Accord looks better than ALOT of other cars/truck...

... But I feel what you're saying about the speedo & braking system.
* Me accord has been upgraded to Brembo & and th Speedo has been readjusted. ( was doing 12-15 over )

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6296
Umm dude, if you increase the size of the wheels the speedometer will read SLOWER than you are actually going

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 704
lol.. thats true about them being more for racing but its a four door but most of all i got a kid so i know i ain't gunna be racing no more... ang i have been thinkin about just doin a drop instead of bigger rims but its really what my girlfriend wants b/c i bought that for her... but i have been tryin to convince her about just a drop...well thanks alot guys

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 260
Hmmmm... Yeah.. I know that...
... And since it was reading SLOWER... I was goin' about 15mph OVER... GOT IT???

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 487
"but no limit.. you do realize FWD has less drivetrain loss so lets say have to identical cars, power,gear ratio,tire size,ect .. only diff is one is FWD and the other RWD .. the FWD would be quicker"

lets put it this way, if you have a FWD GTO and a RWD GTO. who will win in the 1/4 mile? RWD... better grip and better on the suspention. my friend has a supercharged celica (one of the gayest i've ever seen in my life) but when he "floors" it, the whole front end just bounces because of the weight transfer from the front to the back...

yes FWD is cheaper to build along with cheaper to ship (how its cheaper to ship i have NFC) but it is... so i could atleast understand why imports are FWD, comming from across the ponds and what ever, for for "domestic" cars that are built in Canada and Mexico it really shouldn't matter... there are how many RWD domestic cars... GTO... Mustang... Vett... and i think thats it.. IDK if the pontiac G6 and solstice and saturn sky are RWD or not... but now how many RWD impots are there? Every lexus (excluding ES and RX) Every BMW s2000 supra 86 carola and TONS more. Domestics clame to be the "best" when they make the absolute SHITTIEST cars out... so i really don't understand their clame to fame:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us