OT Fighting a Ticket

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2620
Alright, just got a ticket doing 50 in a 35, whatever i don't care. Apparently, I have to pay 130 bucks (incl. court costs) whether or not i fight it, so i've decided to fight it even though i have no gruonds to fight it on. Ummm, haha, what should i do? I think I'll plead not guilty and hopefully get a deal???

I could really care less about the ticket, but if it's gonna cost me the same amount of money either way, might as well try to BS a bargain right??

I might be able to get my buddy's dad to pull some strings and get me out of it but idk...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2118
lawer... Costs more but I have gotten 5 speeding tickets and all of them have been dropped by my lawer. Keeps insurance from getting all pissy

I also get 10 bucks off my next ticket for everyone I refer to him. haha

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 331
I always fight tickets! you have a 50/50 chance cop won't show or court screws up paper work. they won't continue it so they drop it!

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1069
hah, not around here....you can plead not guilty on the first court appearance and get a continuance...but when you show up for that court date, the cop will be there.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2621
i'm not getting a lawyer, my records pretty clean so i could really care less about insurance and what not...

it's in a pretty nice suburb so i think the cop will show up, but can i just plead not guilty if i have no reason to in the hopes that the prosecutor will make a deal???

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4549
honestly, for a speeding ticket you might as well just pay the ticket and do deferred judification

if the cop shows youll end up paying court/paper fees plus the ticket

if you plead guilty and say you want to do defensive driving which you can rent from blockbuster for like $45 .. they will lower the cost of the ticket plus when you get your certificates in the mail you can use one for the ticket to keep it off your record and don't sign the other one saying that is was for a ticket and you can use that for your insurance for a % break off your insurance :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13737
Swallow your lumps. There will be many more to come.......

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1751
just pay the ticket

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 545
Unless you can prove that you were not speeding by some other means that bring the cops validity of giving you the ticket into question, then your beat.

Pay the ticket and move on. If you think by going to court to get the amount of the ticket not down, LOL, yeah right, have fun trying to go that route.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 438
yea, usually when i get a ticket i usually just plead guilty and pay it off...and move on plus you would have to pay court fees n ish plus the ticket. i hate the court system i dnt feel like playin with them, and them assigning the dates when to go and all that....pain in the @ss.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2622
Well in that city, i have to pay court costs either way...

the ticket is only like 40 dollars, but court costs are 103 either way...

if i go to court and lose i pay 143 if i don't go and just pay the ticket (which ill prolly do) it'll be 143...

but i don't even speed that much so it's not a big deal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us