Polk SR6500 6,5" X Boston Pro60 6,5"

Username: Alex_filho

Post Number: 1
I'm looking forward to buy a new set of speakers, which one would you recomend the Polk Audio SR6500 or the Boston Acoustics Pro60.

Or even a MB Quart QSD 216, Focal 165KP or Morel Dotech Ovation...

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 123
two very different sounds from both of those sets, you definitely need to have a listen between the two of them. one thing to note is that the Polk's can't get too loud. Pro60's, QSD's, 165KP's fill the bright end of the spectrum. Polk on the mellow side but neutral. Morel is not bright at all...opposite of those sounds.

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 57
i heard the Pro60 sounds great, so you can go boston, but i can also recommend you the focal, just choose from the two

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
they're all decent sets. no reason to ignore the others and not give them a chance. secondly..."i heard the Pro60 sounds great".....have you heard it?

again, not trying to come off as a jerk but you're doing 2 things: 1) recommending stuff you've never personally heard 2) "de-recommending" (for lack of a better term) sets you havent heard and dont know about..telling him to limit to just the 2 sets

.........why?

Bronze Member
Username: Danh

Post Number: 22
I have heard the Pro60 and I thought they sounded like crap. If you like really bright and crisp vocals, they're a great set. However, if you want clear and powerful music from the entire spectrum (bass, horns, and such), I'd pass.

When I listened to them, the salesperson tried messing around with the receiver trying to add bass to them instead of leaving them flat to hear what the speaker can do.

I've got a set of Polk db650 coax right now that I'm going to replace soon, and while I like them better than the Pro60 (I really didn't like them), they sound like the tagline for a Bose system (No highs, no lows, that's Bose).

I've liked all the Focal's I've heard, but I've only gone up to the Polyglass line. The Access line is a lot like everyone else's entry line (ie: tune for the highs so it sounds like you don't need an amp) while the Polyglass has a bit more bass in it. It's one on my shortlist.

I haven't heard the MB Quart or the Morel.

Another I can recommend out of that list is JL Audio. From the history I've read, they pretty much what MB Quart would be now if they hadn't been bought by Rockford Fosgate in the late 90's. The XR line is being discontinued and can be picked up reasonably and I'm going to try the C5 when I'm at the "final purchase" stage.

Others to listen to are Dynaudio, CDT, and Hertz.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 59
I've liked all the Focal's I've heard, but I've only gone up to the Polyglass line. The Access line is a lot like everyone else's entry line (ie: tune for the highs so it sounds like you don't need an amp) while the Polyglass has a bit more bass in it. It's one on my shortlist"""""

ya i like the Acces line, thats what i got and im so please,

Username: Alex_filho

Post Number: 2
I appreciate your opinion and I got to say that I really don't know what to do as I won't be able to listen to them before buying.
Sounds like lots of researching!

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1515
Thats the fun part.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6252
CDT HD series

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 63
bang & olufsen, what you guys think about it, i heard how it sound and its amazing, but thats my opinion, whats yours?

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
B&O is very nice...but they don't make component sets....they simply make factory sets for Audi's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us