Good idea or no (pic)

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 111
here is an idea i had for a ported box for one 15 Q. the highest i want to go in my trunk is 15.5 inches total so in order to fit a 15 i could do a slanted box. secondly i want to go ported to make the sub louder overall. i've also heard that non-square boxes are better than square ones so with all of that i came up with this idea:

Upload

the box will roughly by the dimensions listed on the pic. as you can see it will be a slanted, hatch back type box along with a normal standard type port.

does anyone like this idea, think it's a bad idea, have any advice on a different type box i could make or ways to make this box better? this is just a very rough free hand sketch of the box. i wanted to get some input on it before i go to the trouble of drawing everything to scale and getting the exact ft^3.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 4205
i would say it's a faily bad idea... if you are going to do something like that go with aeroports out the side or something...

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 113
any advice on how to make such ports? plan on tuning to 30 Hz. port will need to be rather long.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13131
looks like plenty carpentry

what u can also do is build a slant faced box & just do a square or rectangle port on a side of the box ...

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 655
Upload
this is what i was gonna do coming out the red rectangle but gettin mixed feedback on it

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13135
was just looking at a Q's specs & they say its

Sub OD: 15.625"

so thats basically 18" taller than 15.5" - cant u just squeeze in that lil 1\8 instead & just make a noramle rectangle shaped box ....

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13136
'''''''so thats basically 18" taller'''''' - typo ...meant 1\8" ......

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 968
"i've also heard that non-square boxes are better than square ones"

Not exactly. Check out this link. And if you do stick with your original idea above, I would say areo ports imo.

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/literature/writeups/the_golden_ratio/index.htm

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2120
Im not a great box builder but why wouldnt it work? If it has the needed air space and everything I would think it would. Not advising it b/c I dont know that it would or not, just looking for someone up there ^ to give a reason for saying no

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 114
i think i may go with a sqaure type port along the back wall at the bottom, if the port size would work and was able to fit correctly. i could make a sqaure box, which would be easier, but i just think popping my hatch and seeing a 15 pointed right at you at 45 degrees would like nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us