Amp problem. Would appreciate any help.

Username: Amcman

Martensville., Saskatchewan. Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new here, been searching the web for a solution to my long-frustrated problem.

Alright to start I have:
Kenwood Deck ( KDC-MP735U )
Memphis Amp ( MClass 1100W x 1, Class D Mono Block Amplifier, 16-MCD1000 )
Dual 1000Series DD Subs
Dual R-Type Tweeter/Speakers

I have 4 gauge wire running from battery to amp, and 4 gauge wire running as ground wire. I have 10 or 12 gauge from the amp to both subs. And speaker wire for remote wire and for the speakers.

My problem is that when I turn the car on(Engine is running), The protect light comes on and only my speakers work. After I drive around for bit, and the car warms up if i push the brake, or the clutch in, the amps protect light turns off and power light on thus the subs kick in for about a minute or till I hit the gas pedal and it turns to protect again.

But the trickery part is that when I just turn the car are into acc. mode. The amp turns on and the subs run perfectly. But once I turn the car on with the engine running it goes back to protect mode.

I have re-wired EVERYTHING!! I think I re-wired the deck atleast 3-4 times(All speakers wires, power, remote to amp, rca's, Ipod adapter...) And the amp about 5 times(Ground, power wire, rca's, sub wiring) And I still do not have a solution.

If anyone has a solution to this I would be greatful!!!

Also this is being ran in a 1982 AMC Spirit, it has a 66 amp Altenator and has worked up until a week or so after I got my new deck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us