Sealed to ported output diff...?

Silver Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 265
Hey, I have some cvr's in a smaller sealed box right now in my trunk. And i'm building a ported box over the weekend(hopefully). [4 cu.ft. @ 33Hz]

What will be noticable differences in output. Louder, hit lower... stuff like that?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13844
in theory it should be a 3db increase

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 267
K, was just wondering if I would hear more lows or something going from sealed to ported.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6244
Difference in output and low end will depend on what you tune it to, and what frequencies are playing

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1095
With the way you'll be tuning you should notice a nice increase in output.

Technically because your filter should be set around 30-32hz you wont be able to play the super low notes you would with a sealed box.
Since you can't really hear much lower than 20hz and almost no music has anything that low anyway, the music you do listen to will sound like it has more lows.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8011
since the sealed box is on the small side you probably couldnt hit the lows very well if at all anyway but it was probably pretty tight on what it did play...when you port it it will probably be louder but it wont sound anywhere near as tight as the sealed box was

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 269
Sweet, thanks guys...was just wondering if it would even be worth it to make the new box.

Probly goin to pick up some MDF and start building today then
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us